your "Before I quit diving" list....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelnsj:
Places I would Not go back to...
Sipidan
Galapagos
Maui
Belize
Red Sea
Grand Caymans
Loreto

A few of these are on my to do list, why do you NOT want to go back to them.

I agree with lots of your to do list as well.

Before my body can no longer handle being underwater:

I will:

Get Technical!
Scuba under ice
Go cave diving
Dive with sharks
Dive Cook Islands
Dive the GBR
Dive a Uboat (if any are left)
Dive Thailand
Dive the south Rea Sea

Travelnsj:
Geez....Bill can't you think of another place or Two????...LOL....now why Bora Bora?...go to the Tuamotu's...like Rangiroa or Fakarava.

Places I would Not go back to...
Sipidan
Galapagos
Maui
Belize
Red Sea
Grand Caymans
Loreto
:

I loved the Grand Caymans when I went there. Actually, I'ld probably go there again.

My to do dive list is simple...just involves one trip.... THE WORLD !!
I definitely want to dive with whales, whale sharks, orca's

Place I wouldn't go back to is Bahamas Paradise Island. The StuartCove shark dive there was the only thing I enjoyed.

Michael

Places I want to dive

Bonaire
Maui
Galapagos islands
The whole carribean pretty much
the red sea
Thailand
And anywhere else i can go to.

Palau, Fiji are my dream destinations.
For this year (my first in diving) i've got Cozumel, Maui and Aruba already scheduled.

victor:
A few of these are on my to do list, why do you NOT want to go back to them.

I agree with lots of your to do list as well.

Well...the reasons are

Galapagos.....4 dives I thought were worth while....cold and rough water and about 8k (maybe more) to fly, do the Aggressor etc....go to the further out in the Pacific.

Red Sea....great corals.....the fish left 20 years ago....if you tie it into a land based trip....will be the greatest.

Grand Caymans...did not see much....did that great wall dive....have seen more at the Big Dropoff in Palau in one minute that I have seen in a 50 minute dive there.

Sipidan....Two weeks diving...35 dives.....vis no better than 15' to 30'....long way to go from mediocre diving.

Maui.....nothing to see and I get seasick everytime I go diving there!....go to Kona:)

Belize....did the southern portion LY.....some ok soft corals....and some pretty fishes here and there and they nickle and dime you.....Go to Cozumel.

Overall I find the Indo-Pacific has the best diving in the world....but I'll still go back to Cozumel and I want to do the Bahamas.

Scapa Flow
Truk Lagoon
Mexico Cenotes

oh and about 40 other destinations in no particular order.

I would just like to live closer to nice diving. I don't really like to travel so nicer diving with less trouble is about all I want.

Hmmm...

First and foremost, I want to dive my father's ship that went down off Normandy the day AFTER D-day (USS-Tide)

After that :

Palau
Truk Lagoon
The Great Barrier Reef
Bonaire

etc....

I'd also love to take a submersible trip to the Titanic or the Edmund Fitzgerald or something cool like that...

There really is only one overriding goal that fits the "before I quit diving" slot.
"Death First!"
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom