Your backgas on the Pug dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
what did use? Single tank or doubles? what size tank or tanks? minutes at depth?

Depends . . . on what I happen to have handy. Air, air and 50%, 32% and 50%, or just 32%. Typically only hit about 120fsw for about 30 min. or till I'm bored. Neat little dive. Enjoy.

Dennis

Oh . . . carrying hp100's (doubles).

Dove with double HP 100s

EAN28

40% Deco gas

I liked the wreck and I have been trying to get back there for 2 seasons now.

TT

Double 100s - 30% - no special deco gas - and a very bright light cause It's been wicked dark on that wreck all season.

Al

I usually use 30% nitrox with doubles and 50% for decompression. A little bit of helium is nice on this dive, but the deck is really at like 105-110' and it's an "easy" dive as far as sub 100 ft dives go, so I push it a little below where I would normally add helium. I typically do 30 minute dives or until bored (which is usually less than 30 mins on this dive) with a runtime in the 45 min range.

I have dived it on 21/35, too and will if it's what I have in my tanks.

Dash_Riprock:
Double 100s - 30% - no special deco gas - and a very bright light cause It's been wicked dark on that wreck all season.

Al
Doubles? You tech stud. I still remember taking you down deep at Cat Rocks on one of our first dives together. After we surface, I only realized it was your first deep dive!

I have yet to get doubles. Has been on my santa list for a while. I just have a 30 CF stage bottle to go with my lp 112.

The minimalist approach:

Single HP 100.
21%

I didn't die.

Back
Top Bottom