Your backgas on the Pug dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy:
You also couldn't have been down there for more than 10-15 minutes. Not even worth the boat ride.

I'm going to be doing it on a single HP100 (29%). Would I like to stay 30 minutes, sure, but I don't have the training for that. But to say a 15 minute dive isn't worth the boat trip, that's aweful odd. 30 minutes isn't exactly a lot more BT, now is it? Especially after you posted earlier that you get bored earlier than this.

Rainer:
I'm going to be doing it on a single HP100 (29%). Would I like to stay 30 minutes, sure, but I don't have the training for that. But to say a 15 minute dive isn't worth the boat trip, that's aweful odd. 30 minutes isn't exactly a lot more BT, now is it? Especially after you posted earlier that you get bored earlier than this.

My point was that it wouldn't be worth doing on air (for me) because your time is so limited and contingency so small. Nitrox, you get another 5 minutes or so, depending on how deep you go.

I've also dived it a bunch of times, so get bored a little sooner than someone on their first dive there. Plus, there is more interesting stuff for me to see inside that I haven't explored much, yet.

30 minutes is twice 15 minutes and 3 times 10 minutes, so I'd say it's quite a lot more time. :)

Do whatever you want to do. I was just saying it wouldn't be worth the charter fee for me to do a 10 minute dive on a single tank of air to 110-120 ft. That's just me.

reefseal:
Doubles? You tech stud. I still remember taking you down deep at Cat Rocks on one of our first dives together. After we surface, I only realized it was your first deep dive!
I have yet to get doubles. Has been on my santa list for a while. I just have a 30 CF stage bottle to go with my lp 112.

Hey! Thats right. That was one of my first dives. It was you and I and a couple of other NELDs. I checked my log book for that dive and see I made a note regarding something of an incident with the local P.D. about an absent dive flag :).

Ahh - Memories...

Al

Soggy:
You also couldn't have been down there for more than 10-15 minutes. Not even worth the boat ride.

You're right, but I had all the time I needed and wanted. It's not the most fascinating wreck.

Back
Top Bottom