Youngest sidemount diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You express a degree of reasonableness and maturity for your age that would not make me question the wisdom of diving with you.

Agreed.

However, the OP still has me convinced he is a troll. Cavern and wreck certified at age 13 through IANTD, yet about to take a speciality course in limited overhead diving by a nameless instructor who developed a course for an undisclosed agency where it could take a while to get the certification cards and he has a waiver for a medical issue from the president of the agency who is also not wanting his info out because it is clear he is going against all acceptable agency rules in regard to overhead diving and age. I am sure the paying members of his organization would love to hear about his deviation from protocol. Oh what a tangled web we weave.......

The only thing I believe about the OP is his age. Have fun on the Mighty O. What LDS are you using? I am sure that is a secret as well because they are allowing a junior advanced open water diver, presumably, dove outside of his training. I am assuming you are not just going to stay at the top in 80 feet of water and stare at it. You, the experienced diver you are, had multiple mixes and deco gases and plan on hitting the bottom. Or is it going to be a deep air dive with massive deco?

Oh I apologize to all for the horribly long run on sentence up above.

Agreed.

However, the OP still has me convinced he is a troll. Cavern and wreck certified at age 13 through IANTD, yet about to take a speciality course in limited overhead diving by a nameless instructor who developed a course for an undisclosed agency where it could take a while to get the certification cards and he has a waiver for a medical issue from the president of the agency who is also not wanting his info out because it is clear he is going against all acceptable agency rules in regard to overhead diving and age. I am sure the paying members of his organization would love to hear about his deviation from protocol. Oh what a tangled web we weave.......

The only thing I believe about the OP is his age. Have fun on the Mighty O. What LDS are you using? I am sure that is a secret as well because they are allowing a junior advanced open water diver, presumably, dove outside of his training. I am assuming you are not just going to stay at the top in 80 feet of water and stare at it. You, the experienced diver you are, had multiple mixes and deco gases and plan on hitting the bottom. Or is it going to be a deep air dive with massive deco?

Oh I apologize to all for the horribly long run on sentence up above.

Maybe the OP is taking a cave course now, but the instructor advised that it would take a while to get the certification card, since the instructor can't send in the paperwork to the agency for 5 years.

uhVDm.jpg

Reactions: Jax
Fine, I am not sidemount certified or open water certified. I'm not 13 I'm 29 and I just based this off a story at a local dive shop about a kid getting sidemount certified that I heard while I was buying my gear you got me you win. Happy?

Those "OnmiSwivels of Death" don't care if you're 13 or 103, get your $ back.

Dave

BTW, Jay who works at Cave Adventurers is pretty young, like 16. He had to get waivers for his SM course. He looks so good in the water that Edd's new logo is based on an UW photo of him.

Funny, I guess you found out how easy it is to push people's buttons and get a reaction on these forums! You're following in the footsteps of the great CaveMD.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom