Youngest sidemount diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, you have a LOT of learning left to do. I can guarantee you that you will not be learning from younger divers, so you might as well start learning from older ones. Hmm, was your Sidemount Instructor your age?

I am thinking troll, but what the hell, it's fun to play occasionally.

Reading this, I'm still bewildered about what agency this certification is with. The PADI Sidemount prerequisite is 15 yrs. Not quite sure what the "overhead" course is - but again, not PADI.

TDI, NAUI and UTD sidemount is 18, I believe. SDI (with parental consent) is 15.

I assumed that PADI would be on the lower end of the scale for prerequisites. What agency permits 13 year olds to do sidemount and/or overhead training?

'Legit' ... not a word springing to mind, at this point in time.

I think he's just blowin smoke. And while a sidemount course isnt mandatory, overhead training usually is. Padi wont train a cavern diver below age 18. NSSCDS and NACD will train cavern divers at 16, and basic cave at 18. I thought I knew it all at 13 too but was mistaken.

In jr high I had a friend that was bar mitzvahed at 13 and in the jewish faith he was considered a man. I thought hey, me to. Why not. I then proceeded to inform my dad of this. Told him all about my friend, how that worked, and then informed him I no longer expected to be treated like a kid. I was a man, was not going to stand for it, and expected to be treated as such. So he did. Hit me right in the chest and knocked me on my butt. Informed me that was how he would treat a man that showed him such disrespect out of the blue. Was a good lesson. Being treated like a kid ain't so bad.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom