You want to go deep? Very deep? And indoor? (Nemo33)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans:
Just got back from a trip to Nemo33.

It is definitely worthwile going there when you are AOW or higher. They allow OW upto a depth of 10 meters and there is not much to see there. Apart from the crystal clear water and 2 wetbells.

The main attraction for me was the pit that goes down to 35 meters (according to my Mosquito: 34,5 :wink: ).

But, let's start at the beginning.

When you arrive you need to show 4 documents (certification, dive insurance, diving medical examination, ID). You then can have a drink in the bar. From the bar you can look into the pool at a depth of 5 meters.

At 30 minutes before time you are allowed to go to the changing room (using the showers is mandatory).
Once you are at the poolside you're given a brief instruction about the dive. The first 10 minutes must be spent swimming or snorkling, to get used to the pool. Afterwards you can gear up and start diving. After 55 minutes you are given a signal that it's time to leave the pool.

Above the pit, at 5 meters depth, is a 12L tank of air for emergencies.

There's a ladder going down to the bottom of the pit, quite useful for checking your speed while descending/ascending.

Most divers try to get their computer as flat as possible on the floor to get the maximum depth. Of course, lots of pictures get taken as well. Visibility is perfect.

Afterwards you can have pretty good Thai food in the restaurant (for a very reasonable price).

All equipment is provided for you (Aqualung).

Entrance fee only EUR 15,00.

All in all a nice daytrip, especially if you combine it with a visit to Brussels or Kinepolis.

Do they wipe your bum for you as well :D

I'll stick with the tank at Portsmouth..... No nappies required :wink:

I knew in Switzerland there's one 50 mt of depth but I just heard of it...
ciao, Marco

El Orans:
The main attraction for me was the pit that goes down to 35 meters (according to my Mosquito: 34,5 :wink: ).

The discrepancy is probably because the Mosquito is calibrated for salt water, and the pool is fresh water.

Thanks for sharing. I was intrigued when I read about this in last issue of Rodales Scuba Diving Magazine.

I used to travel to Europe on Business and would be a neat thing to do while there.

Would be cool to have one stateside on a cold wintery day just got to get in and can't go to Florida springs for that vis.

Thats pretty cool, too bad I was in Belgium last year visiting my family, not this summer..

I'd love to try out a deep pool. Unfortunately I don't have current dive insurance, and I don't have AWO, (I've done a lot of deep diving, night diving, and low vis diving though)....

You can get dive insurance (for a day) there for EUR 3.
And it's also possible to get an instructor to be your buddy so you can go deep. Don't know about the cost for that though.

Come visit me in San Diego, will take you deep outdoors............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom