You really need to know what's going on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you think Speargirl is a competitor, you are wrong. Now, I dont know the whole story here obviously but she isn't a dive shop. She does have properties for rent in key Largo for divers but she doesnt run a dive shop and last time I checked didnt work for one either. In fact, from what I remember she had a good relationship with CCC last I heard. I seem to remember a big get together not too long ago where CCC and Speargirl kinda "worked together" a bit with rentals and trips for a big shindig.

Becky is a very nice lady who is a property manager ..... this rumor was around months ago it did not start with her. All Becky did was warn us .. her friends because she knew some of us where booked on CCC. She was only looking out for us out of town divers from what other divers have said most dive shops in that area wait til you show up to tell you the boat is not going today. When you drive 2 or 3 hours to get there ...

First and foremost thank you for being there when I cannot. That means alot to me.
I have always used this in my life and will probably till the day I die.
I keep my eyes and ears open and my mouth shut, you learn alot that way about people and life and also what is going on around you.
But when I do open my mouth I have something to say and if I say it in public manner I want everyone to know, I do check things out before I say something because I don't just go on what one or two people say. I make sure it is a fact. I do at times feel the need to say "I think" this is happening, because I cannot get the whole story, but at least a warning or red flag has been thrown, just to give a heads up so people can be warned and find out what is really going on.
I am not now or ever worked for a dive company. But it would be a cool job to have. I have never said anything bad about Cristal Clear ever because the people that worked or work their are good hard working people. I am upset about the people that lost there jobs.
I DO NOT like the Cay Clubs but I have always felt that way about that company. If Cristal Clear stays open under new management that would be great for the Keys, I just hope they hire back the old staff.
Like I have said in the past I want people to come to the Keys and enjoy their stay, and not have problems when they get here, It's "your" mini vacation not mine, I live here so I guess you could say I am always on vacation. That makes me a very lucky girl.:10:
Becky

hmmmmm......a competitor making annoucements about another operation?While actual divers praise the operation regarding recent trips....hmmmm.I smell HERRING and a red one at that.

I rarely post on these boards because I very rarely have much to contribute constructively, but I lurk at least 5-6 days of the week. And I've got something to say.

100 days, despite your number of posts, my guess is that you must not be very familiar with this part of the board if you're insinuating that this is mudslinging.

Speargirl is one of the kindest people anywhere. She is always on the lookout for everybody, often at her own expense. She saw something that could be a possible issue for divers wanting to come down and thought enough to give a warning. Her intentions were, and always are, for the best interests of everyone on this board. I, for one, do take offense to anyone accusing her of bad intentions.

Now, I see that CCC has responded to this thread, and that's good. They should and must let everyone know things are okay if that's the case. But at least we now know what the scoop is.

Keep on keepin' on, Becky!:D

Ok, Becky does not "work for" a dive operation but she does have a "relationship" with several.
She may be a really nice person too. But it's called a conflict of intererst in the real world. She
rents property and give you a discont if you go out with Conch Republic or Blue Water.
I went out with Conch once this trip and have in the past going back to when Capt. Tommy
and his wife owned it. Perrsonnaly I recomend CCC or Silent World. It is very slow in the Keys right now. In 14 years I have never seen so few boats out , even on the week ends.
Ciao

What's the discount if we dive with Conch Republic or Blue water compared to the regular price.

What's the discount if we dive with Conch Republic or Blue water compared to the regular price.

Um, read her signature line.

speargirl:
Book your Dives with Conch Republic or Blue Water and get $10 off per night.
Becky

And since it's generally accepted Cristal Clear has (or had) the nicest and fastest boats and really friendly people running the operation, I think this post makes her opinion clear, and she's obviously entitled to that as well. (CCC Pilot House is practically walking distance from Kawama)

Becky gives $10 off per night and Conch give scubaboard discounts ... makes for a great combo :wink:

Ok, Becky does not "work for" a dive operation but she does have a "relationship" with several. She may be a really nice person too. But it's called a conflict of intererst in the real world. She rents property and give you a discont if you go out with Conch Republic or Blue Water.
I went out with Conch once this trip and have in the past going back to when Capt. Tommy
and his wife owned it. Perrsonnaly I recomend CCC or Silent World. It is very slow in the Keys right now. In 14 years I have never seen so few boats out , even on the week ends.
Ciao

My guess is that there's been a little misunderstanding among some well-meaning folks. Too bad it blossomed into this big bruhaha. (R28, nice diving wit you and da missus last week.)

Dear Becky this is Capt. Jorge I have been in the business for over 20 years and its always been my interest to give my guests 100% so they can have a good time. As we all know in this business this is a slow time of the year and not all dive shops are having trips. Among others things please research your information more thoughly for there are several inaccuracies in your thread. Just to let everyone know we have a 46ft Newton dive boat that holds 40 divers + we have a 28ft Pro Cat that is our 6 pack dive boat, and offer boats rentals if you want to do your own thing. Please give us a call if you want to have a stress free trip not be rushed and be with a friendly competent crew who between them have over 30 years experieance. Give us a call at Cristal Clear Charters 453-0101 Thank you.

Capt. Jorge, You don't look at all like your picture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom