You really need to know what's going on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, this may be starting a whole nutha' issue with them and I dont mean to spread rumors but in talking to a marina owner/manager a couple days ago. I was told that by this person that he had sold several boats to them to use as rentals and that recently they had filed for BK. Now, I didnt ask and dont know for sure if he meant CCC or Cay Clubs had filed for BK. Also that a good friend of his had been bought out by them(small shop) and had lost his big, cat style, very fast boat to them in the process. I think most of us here know which boat I am talking about. Something about trusting them to do whatever was said in the contract originally and then not and it cost him a $100k boat. This could be rumors, not sure, but since we already started it might as well get it out there.

Like I said, I have done biz with CCC a few times in the past and NEVER had a problem with them AT ALL!!! Rented boats from them, gone on dive trips with them, talked to them on numberous occasions about conditions and so forth when I was heading down to key Largo for a weekend.
I HOPE everything is ok with them but since I havent actually been down in a few months its hard for me to say for sure. All I can comment on is what I have heard from other people.

First and foremost thank you for being there when I cannot. That means alot to me.
I have always used this in my life and will probably till the day I die.
I keep my eyes and ears open and my mouth shut, you learn alot that way about people and life and also what is going on around you.
But when I do open my mouth I have something to say and if I say it in public manner I want everyone to know, I do check things out before I say something because I don't just go on what one or two people say. I make sure it is a fact. I do at times feel the need to say "I think" this is happening, because I cannot get the whole story, but at least a warning or red flag has been thrown, just to give a heads up so people can be warned and find out what is really going on.
I am not now or ever worked for a dive company. But it would be a cool job to have. I have never said anything bad about Cristal Clear ever because the people that worked or work their are good hard working people. I am upset about the people that lost there jobs.
I DO NOT like the Cay Clubs but I have always felt that way about that company. If Cristal Clear stays open under new management that would be great for the Keys, I just hope they hire back the old staff.
Like I have said in the past I want people to come to the Keys and enjoy their stay, and not have problems when they get here, It's "your" mini vacation not mine, I live here so I guess you could say I am always on vacation. That makes me a very lucky girl.:10:
Becky
Becky, Just so you know, This is Michaelynn aka Scuba Photo Babe. Apparently when I was laid off at Cristal Clear, with all of the others, i never logged out of my scubaboard account. So anyone who used my computer could post from my Scuba Board account. I just thought you should know, it wasn't me. Ive been living in Europe through the holidays (coming back next week, can't wait to dive and swim in the WARM ocean) and until today, I hadn't been online in ages.

Anyway.. thats all.. Keep diving! Hope everyone had a GREAT NEW YEARS!!

I had a few people on here tell me that they didn't think that was you so I disreguarded what you had said ( or rather what someone said in your name). It's all good and I hope to meet you soon maybe at the Invasion if not sooner. It's not like we live to far from each other.LOL
Happy Hoildays
Becky

:Dyes you are right.. we do live rather close!! hahah! just got back this week from england, and I still have not dove yet! I did meet up with all my old colleagues at Cristal Clear the other day, with Captain Gary from Conch. We had lunch at the Pilot House, and Gary took care of us (THANK YOU FOR LUNCH GARY! I WILL BE SEEING YOU THIS WEEK) anyway... all is good, and I'm glad to be back.

Oh..and there isn't anymore Cristal Clear at the Pilot House.. I was there the last day to see it close.

Soooo..... time to move on! talk to ya soon!!:wink:

Michaelynn it is sad that Cristal Clear has closed up :( I hope the rest of the crew will find work fast. I hope to see you on one of Gary's boats soon:D That would be way to cool.
Take care my friend
Becky

CRAZY Happenings! As Key Largo Turns....

Those who are looking for work, my thoughts are with you, I've been there myself in the last few years... its just part of that adventure and journey of life ya know :D

Michaelynn it is sad that Cristal Clear has closed up :( I hope the rest of the crew will find work fast. I hope to see you on one of Gary's boats soon:D That would be way to cool.
Take care my friend
Becky

My friend works at the CCC in Ocean reef. Has this one closed also?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom