You might be a scuba addict if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

those are great! thanks!

Your paranoid, suspicious, elderly landlady is not longer the least bit phased by people (you and buddy) running in and out of the house wearing wetsuits during the wee hours of the morning.

pennypue:
Thought I would hate cold water. I freeze in the winter.
I'm looking forward to diving in my drysuit this winter. Last year's New Year's Day dive was wet!!! BRRRRRRR (I've been below 40 degrees, at the surface wet....I'm just plain stoopid.)

Not Stoopid, hoplessly addicted maybe. You're not the only one Penny! Last Dec I was diving wet in the 20 degree air temps and 40 degree water temps. I'm SO glad Santa brought me a drysuit last year!!

Matt the Wonder Boy:
My name is Matt and I have a problem. I'm addicted to diving. When I'm not able to go diving, I wear as much of my dive gear around the house as I can! Most often my Full face Masks or Neoprene hoods. Or gloves, and fins. I guess I like to wear it all! I play chess with it on, watch movies, play on my computer.... I drive everyone around me crazy talking about diving, it's 24/7 for me. Thats what happens when my family is non-divers. Being in the water to dive, it makes me feel relaxed though. I get antsy waiting for the next dive, I would dive everyday if I could do all this stuff for myself!!!!! I am addicted to dive forums and meeting new divers and sharing my news. I am a member about 14 dive boards and visit them a couple times daily. Diving, keeps me going.

Take care everyone, and keep enjoying diving and all it has to offer.

Matt

I can vouche for that one..... Ihave pictures of him in his house completely decked out in gear, drysuit, ffm, fins.....
And he is the only person I know that talks about diving more than I do!

Polly

Thanks POLLY! Lol I talk about diving more than you do? I thought it was a tie...
What can I say, I just enjoy all my dive gear so much. At least today I get to wear it in the water for a dive!

Matt

I can top you all. There's a building on our campus that's called the "North Creek Cafe". It's a simple glass structure with a roof used for large meetings, movies, whatnot (not an actual cafe). It overlooks a wetland, highway, and industrial area in that order. The way our campus is set up is; lower level enter/exit to street (that runs parallel to the building) level/parking garage, 1st floor exit to large area behind the school + walkway to library, 2 levels above that with no entrance/exits. The Cafe is on a raised platform past the street at bottom floor level with a walkway that starts at the first floor level and extends past the building, past the street and to the Cafe. I can see all this from the room I take English 102 in.

I've been known to daydream about flooding the area with saltwater up to the level of the platform and using it as a dive platform. There's the building right there we could heat in the winter, and a staircase for easy exits as well as low-tide entry/exits. If we sunk some boulders or otherwise tossed junk (not trash) down it'd be a killer habitat for critters. The wetland (submerged) would sprout plenty of plants/kelp and provide hiding spots for tons of creatures. We could even split the building into 2 levels (it's got a HIGH ceiling); dive prep area, showers and lockers (for keys, wallets, etc) below, sandwich/soup counter and mini dive shop (complete with compressor) w/ dumbwaiter for tank transport above. We could also shove a floating dock on one corner for boat moorage. There's even a large parking lot and 4 level parking garage w/ elevator above the level of the first floor (above flood level). The lower level of the building could be used for marine biology classes/wildlife shows. There's a coffee cart in one of the rec areas down there complete with plush sofas and a cable-equiped TV.

I've obviously spent too much time thinking about this... I think I'm addicted :wink:

If anyone is truely confused (the place is hard to describe in words) I could take pics over winter break and post them).

Lav, definitely post the pics of this!!!

<mom mode>And I'm thinking that you're not concentrating on your studies hard enough!!!! But, I totally approve anyway.......<mom mode off>

please delete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom