You might be a scuba addict if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue:
When you buy a condo because it HAS a jacuzzi you want to dive in.

Did you buy the one as you planned? Please let me know if you find any good location and deal.

My name is Matt and I have a problem. I'm addicted to diving. When I'm not able to go diving, I wear as much of my dive gear around the house as I can! Most often my Full face Masks or Neoprene hoods. Or gloves, and fins. I guess I like to wear it all! I play chess with it on, watch movies, play on my computer.... I drive everyone around me crazy talking about diving, it's 24/7 for me. Thats what happens when my family is non-divers. Being in the water to dive, it makes me feel relaxed though. I get antsy waiting for the next dive, I would dive everyday if I could do all this stuff for myself!!!!! I am addicted to dive forums and meeting new divers and sharing my news. I am a member about 14 dive boards and visit them a couple times daily. Diving, keeps me going.

Take care everyone, and keep enjoying diving and all it has to offer.

Matt

ScubaBoard is my ONLY outlet. My husband, friends, and kids dissapear from the room when I start with the words "this weekend I'm..." because they already know. My husband has finally caught on to the story of "I can't pay the electric bill because...." And I really knew I had a problem when I chose a new dive computer over getting glasses or contacts. (I can see pretty good under water. That's all that REALLY matters!)

When you wife who supposedly isn’t into diveing but dives so I have a buddy suggests a vacation spot and I can give her local dive shops and Scubaboard members close byto dive with. Funny thing she never suggests Vacation spots where you can’t dive anymore hmmm.

When doing all of your diving in warm clear waters you dive locally in 5 foot vis and cold water for the first time and like it. When you now think diveing in a drysuit might not be that bad.

stevenq99:
When doing all of your diving in warm clear waters you dive locally in 5 foot vis and cold water for the first time and like it. When you now think diveing in a drysuit might not be that bad.
Guilty.

Thought I would hate cold water. I freeze in the winter.
I'm looking forward to diving in my drysuit this winter. Last year's New Year's Day dive was wet!!! BRRRRRRR (I've been below 40 degrees, at the surface wet....I'm just plain stoopid.)

Matt the Wonder Boy:
My name is Matt and I have a problem. I'm addicted to diving. When I'm not able to go diving, I wear as much of my dive gear around the house as I can! Most often my Full face Masks or Neoprene hoods. Or gloves, and fins. I guess I like to wear it all! I play chess with it on, watch movies, play on my computer.... I drive everyone around me crazy talking about diving, it's 24/7 for me. Thats what happens when my family is non-divers. Being in the water to dive, it makes me feel relaxed though. I get antsy waiting for the next dive, I would dive everyday if I could do all this stuff for myself!!!!! I am addicted to dive forums and meeting new divers and sharing my news. I am a member about 14 dive boards and visit them a couple times daily. Diving, keeps me going.

Take care everyone, and keep enjoying diving and all it has to offer.

Matt

Is that a scuba addiction or a rubber fetish?

dpbishop:
Is that a scuba addiction or a rubber fetish?
Nope, just a scuba addiction :)

Matt

... the seatbelts of your car have been replaced with Transpacks

... your children are named Zeagle and Suunto.

... the answer to "Where do you dive?" is "Spit and watch me!"

-when starting the computer after work you load up two internet browser windows, one to search the net, the other to look at scuba sites in between the other ones pages.

- come out of a diving intervention with 3 more dive buddies.

- you wonder if the sea water will help get rid of your cold, cause the trip is already paid for.

- you use the sea salt from your dive gear for cooking anything...

- your reg gets serviced before your car does.

- you debate how long it took to line up the shots for the cover of Dive Training.

- you trick your wife into thinking that DUI's "Dog Rally & Demo Days" is a dog show and she being a cat person who will not want to go.

- everytrip to Home Depot requires you to look for a Max-Air 35, because you swear you have seen one there once before.

- your trip down the Slip and Slide gets logged as a skin dive.

Back
Top Bottom