You may notice a slight change...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Mr. Orans, you screwed up and, instead of admitting your mistake, chose to bull your way through it in the best dictatorial manner.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

And yes, you very well know that posts have been deleted because some (im)moderator disagreed with what was written.
I cannot speak for other Moderators who may have been dealing with other members trying to resolve other issues.

I merely stated that the fact that you disagree with the way I'm implementing the Holiday Season theme is not a reason to remove your post.

Let me repeat here what I wrote earlier...
Please note: As with any new functionality that is introduced on ScubaBoard, this too will be evaluated after its initial run.

Feel free to continue to post your feedback here.

You're not displaying any badge.

Yes, I'm aware of that and, once again, thank you, but it doesn't actually answer the question. If someone is displaying a badge and wants to remove it can they go to their CP and do so (I didn't see a way to do it) or do you have to do it for them.

H2Andy:
ok, so, someone thinks of making some badges to make the holidays a nice time of the year and then they get jumped all over

Making the badges was a very nice idea. Making them optional would have been wonderful as well. Making them mandatory was a big mistake.

almitywife:
i truely believe El and whoever makes the SB decisions would never intentionally offend - thats why the options to switch on/off are included in these themes

I agree they were not trying to offend or upset anyone. This was done with the best of intentions, but there is no option to turn it off, merely an option to stick your head in the sand and not see what you are displaying.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I cannot speak for other Moderators who may have been dealing with other members trying to resolve other issues.

I merely stated that the fact that you disagree with the way I'm implementing the Holiday Season theme is not a reason to remove your post.

A) You can disagree all you want; it doesn't change your despicable actions.

B) No one asked you to speak for other moderators. However, posts HAVE been deleted because of some moderator's personal dislike of the content.

C)You haven't stated a fact; facts are testable. You stated your opinion about my disagreement...

In conclusion, the majority of things written on this board is someone's opinion. This is MY opinion, as is everything else that I have written here for the last couple of years.

despicable?

i am sorry, what are we talking about? what exactly did El Orans do that is so despicable?

(that's a strong word)

and i agree with you that 100% of what goes into this board is opinion. and it should generally be left alone (unless it clearly violates TOS).

the "off topic" removals are a different thing ... i wish less Mods would go around deciding for others what is and isn't off topic for a given thread

it's hard to have fun like that

Mods: enforce the TOS for clear violations; otherwise leave us alone to have fun

which, ah ... is why i come here, ya know?

Making them optional would have been wonderful as well. Making them mandatory was a big mistake.

it was well intentioned, and though it might have been a mistake, i would not call it big

and besides, people are human and they make mistakes and we got to cut each other some slack

intentions do count for a lot

and ultimately, we're talking about some fragging badge that's gonna go poof in a month...

users: don't fly off the handle for little things; wait for the big Mod transgressions (and they're there) to go ballistic

otherwise everything seems like one big whinefest and the valid complaints just get lost in the white noise

El O, et al.,

I appreciate your good intentions, and I also appreciate your having removed my unappreciated badge.

hol_habarigani.gif
hol_hanukkah.gif
hol_peace.gif

These cannot be assigned automagically at this moment so you'll need to let me know if you want to use these.

wow, looks quite out of place
... everyone here is entitled to an opinion, and this one is clearly yours and I would venture, yours alone

I want to thank El for quickly responding to what I am sure was an unforeseen consequence, and I'm sure that it will be fixed in the future so those not wising to display a badge, can do so

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom