You may notice a slight change...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok, so, someone thinks of making some badges to make the holidays a nice time of the year and then they get jumped all over

yeah ... that's what i call the spirit of the holidays

(and a merry Cinco de Mayo to you too, pal)

Walter: i love you, man

Yes, Mr. Orans, you screwed up and, instead of admitting your mistake, chose to bull your way through it in the best dictatorial manner.

And yes, you very well know that posts have been deleted because some (im)moderator disagreed with what was written.

What do you mean dictatorial manner? Has he not given you everything you have asked for?

What do you want, a thread for him to apologize for offending the folks whom were offended?

And we wonder why some Mods burn out...?! :rolleyes:

Yes, Mr. Orans, you screwed up and, instead of admitting your mistake, chose to bull your way through it in the best dictatorial manner.

And yes, you very well know that posts have been deleted because some (im)moderator disagreed with what was written.

:confused: yikes..... are there suppose to be some smilies in this post that are missing???

I think this fits most threads on here where folks complain. . .

wambulance5fw.jpg

I changed hats - about as festive as I get. Now, anyone know what I can do abot all the Xmas music everywhere for weeks...:(

I changed hats - about as festive as I get. Now, anyone know what I can do abot all the Xmas music everywhere for weeks...:(
nice hat

DD, its Christmas not Xmas.... well in my book anyways.... bugger... did i just get reported??
:wink:

oh, re music, im heading off to Vanuatu in 2 weeks time for Chrissy, an island with no electricty means no music :D

to get this back on topic..... i truely believe El and whoever makes the SB decisions would never intentionally offend - thats why the options to switch on/off are included in these themes

cheers

AN ISLAND WITH NO ELECTRICITY!!! How will you check SB?

Thanks, it's from the Blarney Castle, Co Cork, Ireland, but I think it looks nice in December.
DD, its Christmas not Xmas.... well in my book anyways.... bugger... did i just get reported?? :wink:
From: Why is there an X in Christmas? (X-mas) (Anders Jacobsen's blog)
Why is there an X in Christmas? (X-mas)

A seasonal and interesting etymology question: was the X a "commercializing" thing to make Christmas more edible for non-Christians? Is the X really a cross?

Neither, in fact; it appears that the X is really the first letter of the word Xtos (ΧΡΙΣΤΟ&#931:wink:, which in Greek is the word for Christ.

Xmas

SYLLABICATION: X·mas
PRONUNCIATION: krsms, ksms
NOUN: Christmas.
ETYMOLOGY: From X, the Greek letter chi, first letter of Greek Khrstos, Christ. See Christ.
USAGE NOTE: Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of , “Christ.” In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, “Christian.” But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced (ksms). Many therefore frown upon the term Xmas because it seems to them a commercial convenience that omits Christ from Christmas.
I won't go into all the problems with the celebration...
oh, re music, im heading off to Vanuatu in 2 weeks time for Chrissy, an island with no electricty means no music :D
Hope you have a wonderful trip. I'm leaving the 28th for Exuma in the Bahamas for an Explorer liveaboard - :banana:
to get this back on topic..... i truely believe El and whoever makes the SB decisions would never intentionally offend - thats why the options to switch on/off are included in these themes

cheers
Yep, I totally agree. Good folks all of them. And get Pete to tell you about being attacked by a manatee. :rofl3: Great story, and it's improving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom