You may notice a slight change...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am Jewish and I REALLY resent this intrusion into my values and religion!!

After this, I probably won't go red and become a supporting member.
Ditto.

Offering it as an option is fine. Imposing it without consent is not.
At this moment we do not register our members religious views nor do we intend to do so in the future. Therefore, we cannot determine who might be troubled by a temporary theme.

However, as we can't please all of the people all of the time, we always do offer a way out: just select the ScubaBoard Default style by clicking the link provided. A quick check in the database indicates that only a handful of our members has chosen not to view the Holiday Season theme.

Please note: As with any new functionality that is introduced on ScubaBoard, this too will be evaluated after its initial run.

Feel free to continue to post your feedback here.

How do I change to Mr. Heat Mizer?

I'm Mr Heat Mizer, I'm Mr Sun....
heatmiser.thumbnail.jpg

Mr Heat cracks me up! Ah they just don't make shows like that anymore!

At this moment we do not register our members religious views nor do we intend to do so in the future. Therefore, we cannot determine who might be troubled by a temporary theme.

However, as we can't please all of the people all of the time, we always do offer a way out: just select the ScubaBoard Default style by clicking the link provided. A quick check in the database indicates that only a handful of our members has chosen not to view the Holiday Season theme.

I do not have the time or the inclination to go browsing through your "improvements" every time you make a change.

I think you and your cohorts need a refresher course, not in advanced diving techniques, but in sensitivity. I'd be glad to give it to you. :D

While I appreciate what you've done to fix the situation, I don't think you understand the problem. The problem is not seeing the Christmas theme, it's being forced to display a Christmas theme. It's also a problem that is easily avoided. Simply make holiday badges for any holiday optional. Let individual members opt to display them or not. You never need to know who has what religion, it doesn't matter. Instead when you come out with Santa badges, put them in the hopper with all the other badges, folks that want to display them are free to do so, others can pass them by. I am Christian, I do celebrate Christmas, but the way this was initially handled was pushy and insensitive. Have you actually corrected the problem or are you making changes on a case by case basis?

I'm with Walter. I find making people display any of the silly themes that have been implemented from time to time annoying, but this one is inappropriate for many people. Yes, you can change themes so you don't see what anyone is displaying, but you can't change what you are displaying to other people. If you want to make themes fine, but they should be opt in, not opt out. If you can't do that technically, you should not have this theme.

Why shouldn't they? Because people are offended? Sounds silly to me that because of a few they need to change the entire workings of the board. . .

Why shouldn't they? Because people are offended? Sounds silly to me that because of a few they need to change the entire workings of the board. . .

They already changed how the board works, but they shouldn't have. We're just asking that they not make such changes. If they want to have additions like this, that's great, just make them optional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom