You know you've been diving too long when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... When your family car is a semi and it still doesn't hold all your gear.

.... When the local library has a copy of your log book on the shelf.

*** Goes with last one *** You know you live in a scuba-oriented town when said logbook is never available.

...... When you have enough tanks in your house that regulations require you to post danger snign on your home. (That one was bad .. but I still had to write it)

When it no longer bothers you to peel your clothes off and put your divesuits in public (and vise versa, of course)....and

When you no longer are grossed out by nose woogies after the dive!!

ages

- Your neighbors start wondering how much oxygen you go through in a week. (They don't know any better).

- You think the gas off exersice is a great way to freak out a new diver.

- The dive shop cosistently underfills your tanks to limit your bottom time.

- When after 2 weeks out of the water - you suddenly go "I can hear"...

- When you walk into a shop to get fills and they say - "3 times in one day???"

- You take that class you never got around to when you started diving, and now the instructor asks you how many dives you did last week - and the room goes silent...

- You think George Irvine is a perfectly reasonable man... (No offense George - I do think so...)

- You go on a night dive and people wonder what good 100w of light can do you (Fry the shrimp on the way up).

- You can impress people with the names of octopus in all local dive sites...

That's enough - and no - there is no personal experience involved here - what would ever make you thing that? I missed 2 days of diving last week!!!

Big T

Fellow divers are checking out some of your equipment and one of the states " Hey, Those fins are made by Voit? Are they a new company? I've never seen them before.
The grief settles in.......

Been diving to long when...

you spend more time at the dive shop then at work and home combined..

you find wetsuits alot more comfortable to sleep on in the rental room then your own bed.

you look at the compressor banks and wonder how to strap them to your BC.

you have 10 sets of everything

you can actually write these "you've been diving to long when... " lines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom