You know you're a scuba diver when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcaderunr:
When you are at a family gathering that has gone on WAY TOO LONG and your daughter flashes you the "Out of Air" signal. I couldn't stop laughing.

:lol:

Oh by the way 'The Natural', the asthma joke wasn't funny:shakehead

BurBunny:
For me, it's not so much the room issue as the weight allowance remaining after my gear and camera equipment is packed... which brings up the correlary:

When you choose an airline carrier you don't much like for non-diving trips because they are part of the frequent flier alliance you use for your dive trips... and if you get past 50K miles, you get an extra suitcase/extra weight for the following year...

and...even worse...

When you book a flight you don't need just to get the final 2K mileage needed to get you over said 50K level to get you the extra suitcase/extra weight for next year...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So true Amber...:D

Ice9:
...When you get on online poker sites just to make enough money to be able to buy that new wetsuit.

Hey now! I resemble that remark!

FD

when you intentionally have that second or third cup of pre-dive coffee, knowing a warm water flush is perfectly acceptable mid dive (preferably in your own wetsuit). you know you are an experianced diver when you have the common sense to stay out of your buddies wake when he has joined you for those extra pre dive coffees.

You know you're a scuba diver when.....

you buy a pick-up truck just because its the best way to haul wet dive gear (needed to get a new car anyway).

you surface and now its raining, you to try to get under that tent and claim your dry spot as fast as possible because you do not want to get wet (Can anyone explain why we do this????). :D

its 4am, you've had 8 hours of sleep and it takes us an hour to get out of bed and another hour to get ready for work, but now its a dive day, you went to bed at 1230am, got 3 hours of sleep and as soon as that alarm goes off at 3 we are ready (shower, dressed and breakfast) in 15 minutes.

your wife would rather go on a fishing trip (if she doesn't dive).

When you really don't care if your out of air............after all your only 80' to the surface you have plenty of time.

Happy Diving

steely123:
While listening to the flight attendant instruct the passengers on what to do in the event of a emergency water landing, the following thoughts go through your head:

Does a crash landing over the ocean officially count as a dive?

Poor suckers have to rely on their seat cushions. I packed my BC

How long will it take me to swim into the cargo area to retrieve all of my gear.

I'll be the first one to dive this wreck.

I hope the visibility is good wherever we go down.
For the record I 'd throw that in my log book as everyone else has said it is your log book

You know you're a scuba diver when
You watch The Wild Thornberries and think how wonderful it'd be to talk to the fish etc and then start picking apart how she doesnt have full gear on etc....
I'm Guilty of this and of watching scooby doo... oh yeah and batman..

You know you're really a scuba diver .....

... when you spend 3 hours in front of your laptop, surfing on " ScubaBoard.com "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom