You know you're a scuba diver when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While listening to the flight attendant instruct the passengers on what to do in the event of a emergency water landing, the following thoughts go through your head:

Does a crash landing over the ocean officially count as a dive?

Poor suckers have to rely on their seat cushions. I packed my BC

How long will it take me to swim into the cargo area to retrieve all of my gear.

I'll be the first one to dive this wreck.

I hope the visibility is good wherever we go down.

TSandM:
Oh, Dennis, that's so on point right now. We're planning for the Indonesia trip we're about to take, and at this point, it looks like ten days in two pairs of pants and two T-shirts . . .

he he, me too Lynne. I have dive equipment all over my living room. I'll be stopping in Indonesia this trip too and I know I'll be way over on that leg since the weight limit on Singapore Air is just 20kgs in one bag. I'll bet you and Peter are having the same problem...:D

I'll be washing clothes every few days...:shakehead

Diver Dennis:
When packing for a dive trip all the dive gear goes in first and if you have room left over you decide to take a few clothes...

For me, it's not so much the room issue as the weight allowance remaining after my gear and camera equipment is packed... which brings up the correlary:

When you choose an airline carrier you don't much like for non-diving trips because they are part of the frequent flier alliance you use for your dive trips... and if you get past 50K miles, you get an extra suitcase/extra weight for the following year...

and...even worse...

When you book a flight you don't need just to get the final 2K mileage needed to get you over said 50K level to get you the extra suitcase/extra weight for next year...

When you have 2 pontoons a fully loaded 2005 pontoon a mere 20 feet from where you live and a 1989 stripped down pontoon boat set up for diving 20 minutes away and you spend more time on the dive boat.

When you live on a lake 20 feet away but spend more time on and under the water at a different lake cause the vis is better.

steely123:
While listening to the flight attendant instruct the passengers on what to do in the event of a emergency water landing, the following thoughts go through your head:

Does a crash landing over the ocean officially count as a dive?

Poor suckers have to rely on their seat cushions. I packed my BC

How long will it take me to swim into the cargo area to retrieve all of my gear.

I'll be the first one to dive this wreck.

I hope the visibility is good wherever we go down.
Am I the only person who read this and thought ***!! :11: Did this really happen? If it was me, I'd be too busy peeing myself to think about diving

...When you get on online poker sites just to make enough money to be able to buy that new wetsuit.

You wont date a girl because she has asthma and you know they won't let her get certified. :lol:

When You Own More Dive Equipment Than Clothes

When you are at a family gathering that has gone on WAY TOO LONG and your daughter flashes you the "Out of Air" signal. I couldn't stop laughing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom