You Know You're A Scuba Addict When...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages:
When you find yourself using dive signs to communicate with your dive buddy on the other motorcycle.
It's true, it's true. I hadn't thought of that one. :)

When your non-diving spouse brings you the bad news that he/she has to work extra on the weekend and, after making the appropriate and supportive "Gee honey, I'm so sorry, " sounds, the little voices in your head are screaming, "Oh boy, I'm going beach diving until I can't see straight.....YES!!!!"
And I'm deeply in love with my dear non-diving spouse! But diving is...well....addictive!

You and your wife discuss starting a familly, but do so around a diving vacation and so as to minimise the disruption to the next diving season.

* You check in to a Hotel/Motel and ask "where's the Pool" and you look on the map and see how far it is from the room and the parking lot.

*You start watching the History channel and the Underwater Detectives, and dream about diving that site, even though its not possible. Yet..

* You show your Non Diving buddies and coworkers about your last weekend with pictures posted on SB.

* You attend classes at your LDS wearing your ScubaBoard shirt and post stickers everywhere...

When half of your "home office" has now turned into a small LDS with all your dive gear hanging on the wall.

When you have a drysuit, a 7mm, 3mm shortie and 3mm full wetsuit. 3 pairs of jet fins (one going on eBay) 2 backplates (one S.S., one AL) 2 sets of regs, 3 tanks, 2 masks etc. etc. but you're still riding your motorcycle with bald tires and too cheap to get a haircut :)

When you feel the need to make diving signals to anyone you see with a diving sticker on their car.

When you knock on someone's door that you have never seen or spoken to, because you saw a dive sticker on their car.

SharkBaite:
* You show your Non Diving buddies and coworkers about your last weekend with pictures posted on SB...

I have been doing that very thing all morning - Does this make me an addict?!?!?

Yes. especially if your sitting here like I am reading while at work...... But this is a good thing...

- on the phone: "cough, cough..... uhhh boss can I take the day off, I feel terrible, I feel like diving... uhhhh oops dying" (And you do this every weekend.)

- you try to covince your boss to go diving so there will always be weekend dives and costs will go to company expenses. (I did this once, it worked)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom