You know you are not a diver in Texas when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Argue? This is an argument? How so? I thought it was purely for lighthearted entertainment.:confused:

This one is from an old thread dated 8/8/05:

Swampers, let's follow Sloth's own advice. Don't argue with an idiot who keeps baiting you.
:shakehead:

???? :11:

Now are 'visitor' is just pointing out that garden hoses and he forgot the ever popular duct tape, might be useful items in scuba diving, even in Texas...... :D

This one is from an old thread dated 8/8/05:

Swampers, let's follow Sloth's own advice. Don't argue with an idiot who keeps baiting you.
:shakehead:

That's an impressive bit of historical research lady!

You're right, Guba. No one is arguing. I just felt like that Sloth guy keeps trying to fan up some some flames. :1poke:
I thought it was funny when I found that old thread where he was giving advice on not responding to trolls. :ignore:

Now I plan to take my own advice and stay off scubaboard for a bit; the Monday workload is calling. :D

In full disclosure I grew up on a farm in South Carolina. As a kid I tried using a a cut off garden hose as a snorkel in a cow pond. I do not recommend a garden hose as a snorkel or snorkeling in a cow pond. Neither is ideal and both together causes unpleasant experiences.

I just posted this because I wanted to see what happens when you mess with Texas :)

In full disclosure I grew up on a farm in South Carolina. As a kid I tried using a a cut off garden hose as a snorkel in a cow pond. I do not recommend a garden hose as a snorkel or snorkeling in a cow pond. Neither is ideal and both together causes unpleasant experiences.

I just posted this because I wanted to see what happens when you mess with Texas :)

Now THAT'S funny! I think it should be added to the DIMWIT Manual. Rule # 15: It is not advised to dive or snorkel either with a cut off garden hose or in a stock tank. Diving or snorkeling in cut-offs, however, is encouraged. (See Dressing for Success in Texas, Chapter 7.

Now THAT'S funny! I think it should be added to the DIMWIT Manual. Rule # 15: It is not advised to dive or snorkel either with a cut off garden hose or in a stock tank. Diving or snorkeling in cut-offs, however, is encouraged. (See Dressing for Success in Texas, Chapter 7.

Can a section of one of our good ol favorites also be added--duck tape!

Can I be an honorary DIMWIT member? :D

I think there needs to be a section on using large rocks as ballasts in situations where lead is unavailable.

And there MUST be an acceptable use policy on Camel Backs and similar bladder systems!

Can I be an honorary DIMWIT member? :D

Sloth,

There are no honorary DIMWITs. You either are or are not.

However, you can certainly come to Texas and begin the journey towards DIMWIT enlightenment & methodology. Yes, you must dive in Texas to be a DIMWIT diver.

Attachments

• DIMWIT.JPG
    DIMWIT.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 25
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom