You know you are not a diver in Texas when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In full disclosure I grew up on a farm in South Carolina. As a kid I tried using a a cut off garden hose as a snorkel in a cow pond. I do not recommend a garden hose as a snorkel or snorkeling in a cow pond. Neither is ideal and both together causes unpleasant experiences.

I just posted this because I wanted to see what happens when you mess with Texas :)

Facts we now know:

A) he was in a "cow pond"

B) he tried to use a garden hose as a snorkel.

C) All true Texans know that there is BS in the cow pond.

D) All divers know that using a snorkel or substitute will result in water entering the mouth.

Now to extrapolate:

This should be sufficient proof that sloth is full of BS.

Facts we now know:

D) All divers know that using a snorkel or substitute will result in water entering the mouth.

Now to extrapolate:

It may also be enough to prove that deep down, he has always been, and will always be, a DIMWIT. He was definitely "Doing It My (his) Way" or "Diving In Muddy Water", depending on what you think DIMWIT means. All he has left to prove is that it was "In Texas" and he is not only in, but may be a charter member.

He's got my vote. But then I'm easily swayed. :D

PS - Theoretically, he could have been in Tennessee, Turks & Caicos or Truk Lagoon and qualified for DIMWIT status but I don't think he'd be able to find a farm pond in those last two.

Facts we now know:

Now to extrapolate:

:rofl3:

In full disclosure I grew up on a farm in South Carolina. As a kid I tried using a a cut off garden hose as a snorkel in a cow pond. I do not recommend a garden hose as a snorkel or snorkeling in a cow pond. Neither is ideal and both together causes unpleasant experiences.

I just posted this because I wanted to see what happens when you mess with Texas :)

I think if this is a true story then you must be a DIMWIT diver at heart. It took me many hours of tub-diving with a snorkel to decide I could actually pass OW. :heart: :14:

I remember a news story a few years ago that someone posted on SB (did a search but couldn't find it) about a guy who put rocks around his waist and jumped into 30 ft. water after some car keys. His air source was a waterhose held on by a faithful friend on the surface. I believe he survived (someone help me...) but imagine his surprise when he was unable to breath through a waterhose underwater.

You know you're a diver from Texas when you go on a blue water dive and the divemaster later asks you if you're a lake diver... How do they know? Sticking tight with your buddy is a dead give-away. :wink:

You know you're a diver from Texas when you go on a blue water dive and the dive master later asks you if you're a lake diver... How do they know? Sticking tight with your buddy is a dead give-away. :wink:
Not necessarily...

Wow! This turned into an interesting thread. I quit reading it at the beginning, but it's turned into a typical, fun-lovin' TSD thread. :D As a lifetime member of the DIMWITs let me see if I can help our new friend Sloth out...

Definitely a DIMWIT style of diving. As long as it suited your purpose at the time and your equipment met your goals and ensured your survival you were DIMWIT diving...well almost. Had you been in TX you would have been DIMWIT diving. I am certain this is covered in the manual...regardless of how much BS you swallowed and/or still regurgitate. :wink:

Well, it's hard to experience this from Hawaii. That's something you'll need to experiment (carefully) with while in the presence of a Texan. :wink:
Can I be an honorary DIMWIT member? :D
I'm afraid Zinc is correct. You can't really be an "honorary" member. You can dive like a DIMWIT, but you can't be one unless you're doin' it in Texas...thus the acronym. It's important to distinguish between diving like a DIMWIT and a dimwit. We'd be happy to initiate you...come on over for a dive. :D

Not necessarily...

Well, if they tell you that's why they asked... then you know. :wink:

Interesting comment about the lake diver observation. Now off to read the DIMWIT draft manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom