You have one dive on Grand Cayman before you die, what site would you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My most memorable dive was Grouper Grotto with the silversides in thick. Close second would be Snapper Hole. Both are East End sites.
Drew,

I had forgotten about doing GG when the silversides were thick as theves. We may very well have done that one time with you back when you were instructing.

182 dives off Grand Cayman, I'll cast my vote for Ghost Mountain. The Pinnacle is magnificient to at least 150 feet, my maximum. The wall here is not shabby either.

So many dives, so little time.

Good diving, Craig

For those of you who have suggested north wall sites, which dive ops do you suggest? I presume Divetech and Red Sail go there regularly since they are in the north? I contacted Sunset and, not surprisingly, it sounded like they don't do north side regularly. Princess Penny's video is awesome! Thanks!
Ambassador or Wall to Wall would be my choices. I've never dove with Jason but based on what I've seen/read, next time I plan to. I'm not a big fan of Redsail's pax/boat ratios - even though they are bigger boats.

I've used Wall to Wall, they are good, small load, decent boat, plenty of time to dive.

For those of you who have suggested north wall sites, which dive ops do you suggest? I presume Divetech and Red Sail go there regularly since they are in the north? I contacted Sunset and, not surprisingly, it sounded like they don't do north side regularly. Princess Penny's video is awesome! Thanks!

I'm not familiar with Ambassador. I've always dove the north wall with Divetech. Of the four dive ops on Cayman I have dove with, Divetech is far and away the best!

While the Kittiwake was my favorite dive, the weather on the west side prohibited diving there so we did most of our dives on the south side.

Looking at my log book I think Bullwinkle (both east and west) were 2 that I liked.

While the Kittiwake was my favorite dive, the weather on the west side prohibited diving there so we did most of our dives on the south side.

Looking at my log book I think Bullwinkle (both east and west) were 2 that I liked.

Thanks to you and everyone else for the additional posts and the dive op suggestions. dmoore19, I'm interested in what kind of weather prevented diving on the west side -- unusual I'd imagine. I'd assumed that most of the dive spots were on the west because of the prevailing easterly trade winds (likewise making the east end less predictable). It's starting to look like winds will be east to east-southeast (15-20kts) while we are there. May I assume that the west and north sides will be generally good under those conditions or am I off base on this and giving the winds too much credit for influencing dive conditions there?

The wind direction was N and NE at 15-20 MPH, there was a storm moving through rainy and windy, it was really rough on the west side. We were at Sunset House. They moved the boats to the south and we took a van from there to the south side to get on the boats. It was calm on the south side. The shore dive there stayed closed for 4 of the 7 days we were there but we never missed a day of boat diving, just limited the # of sites we could dive. We did make the trip to Stingray City but it was really pretty rough there too. We got to dive the Kittiwake our last day of diving and the shore dive was opened up that afternoon, we went home the next day (later flight out).

I guess you could assume that. I have only been to Grand Cayman the 1 time.

Back
Top Bottom