You guys are a bad influence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chidiver1

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been here everyday since I created my profile, sometimes more than once a day. I'm now having the itch for another trip which isn't good for my pocket.

I already did two weeks diving in Barbados in March.

Because of this place now I'm considering another place in July or August.

Where are the best places to go during these two months that are relatively inexpensive?

I usually only travel during the colder months here. Ideas?

And I hate you all. Lol:facepalm:

Define something, anything...

Maybe like, I dunno, the Caribbean? Or?

Define something, anything...

Maybe like, I dunno, the Caribbean? Or?

Haven't dove Aruba, Curacao, Belize, Caymans, Bahamas, or Costa Rica yet. Others are on the table as well

Been to Cozumel X2, Jamaica, Dominican, Utila, Barbados, canaries, and another.

So your idea of reasonable is 22+ hours on a plane and 1.4k for the ticket?
Yikes

And the short flight is 2.2k at 22 hours or so it seems

Let me get some of that surplus money you have over there.

So your idea of reasonable is 22+ hours on a plane and 1.4k for the ticket?
Yikes

And the short flight is 2.2k at 22 hours or so it seems

Let me get some of that surplus money you have over there.

Those prices sound unreasonably and abnormally high, even coming from O’Hare. I would have also suggested Bali with Komodo or Egypt’s Red Sea.

With that said, once you land, the diving, food, and accommodation costs will be a lot lower than in the Caribbean. You can generally do more with a particular budget in SE Asia or in the Red Sea, not to mention the quality of diving being better in my opinion. Much better. If you want a dive travel enabler...I’m the person to talk to. I’ve met a lot of people diving and they all say I’m expensive to be friends with. :wink:

Those prices sound unreasonably and abnormally high, even coming from O’Hare. I would have also suggested Bali with Komodo or Egypt’s Red Sea.

With that said, once you land, the diving, food, and accommodation costs will be a lot lower than in the Caribbean. You can generally do more with a particular budget in SE Asia or in the Red Sea, not to mention the quality of diving being better in my opinion. Much better. If you want a dive travel enabler...I’m the person to talk to. I’ve met a lot of people diving and they all say I’m expensive to be friends with. :wink:

Oh no. You can no longer comment in this thread. :fist: unless you're :spend: at me

So your idea of reasonable is 22+ hours on a plane and 1.4k for the ticket? Yikes And the short flight is 2.2k at 22 hours or so it seems Let me get some of that surplus money you have over there.
Well, you didn't say where you fly from so it's kinda hard to ask or complain about flights. I see flights on Singapore from SFO for under $1k for August. Yes, I find that reasonable (for you. I use miles and fly CX). Have you looked at the cost of staying and diving in Bali? You might be surprised at the total cost compared to many places you list. And if you value the quality of diving, then it becomes very reasonable. Yes, it's a long flight from the US (22 hours for me too)- can't help with that. What is "reasonable" to you for cost and flight time?

Well, you didn't say where you fly from so it's kinda hard to ask or complain about flights. I see flights on Singapore from SFO for under $1k for August. Yes, I find that reasonable (for you. I use miles and fly CX). Have you looked at the cost of staying and diving in Bali? You might be surprised at the total cost compared to many places you list. And if you value the quality of diving, then it becomes very reasonable. Yes, it's a long flight from the US (22 hours for me too)- can't help with that. What is "reasonable" to you for cost and flight time?

If it’s under $1K for Singapore Airlines that’s considered a good price. Usually, they are more expensive. I also think the energy/effort/time expended to get there is extremely worth it given the diving...Komodo is great that time of year and is amazing. I went at the urge of many here on Scubaboard so I am now “paying it forward”. :) Go! You won’t regret it.

I figured the screen name and location on my profile gave it away. Shrug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom