You guys are a bad influence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it’s under $1K for Singapore Airlines that’s considered a good price. Usually, they are more expensive. I also think the energy/effort/time expended to get there is extremely worth it given the diving...Komodo is great that time of year and is amazing. I went at the urge of many here on Scubaboard so I am now “paying it forward”. :) Go! You won’t regret it.

Scratches chin. Idk. What does the diving and accommodations run around there?
How far from the ap?

Just because you have been to great Caribbean dive locations like Coz, GC, and Belize, does not mean you can't go back. You certainly have not seen everything there is to see in those places, and you may well be getting the best bang for the buck. Certainly there are other exotic dive spots in places like Indonesia, Red Sea, etc., but when you factor in airfare, exhausting days lost in travel, and other expenses, it is hard to argue against returning to the closer Caribbean dive spots.

Scratches chin. Idk. What does the diving and accommodations run around there?
How far from the ap?

It depends if you do land based diving or liveaboard based and for both, what your standards are. How budget do you want? How fancy do you want? How many dives a day are you lookin to do? Are you an air con private bathroom kind of person on a liveaboard while diving 4-5 dives with nitrox only or are you simple accommodations but splurge on diving? So many combinations. It’s cheaper than the Caribbean for sure but you can spend as little as much as you want. It’s too broad to speak about here with limited info about your budget and preferences. I suggest looking into it on your own to get a feel and gist then bounce some ideas around the boards for feedback.

Labuan Bajo airport is closest to Komodo. You can fly there easily from Bali or Jakarta. Bali has some decent diving of its own. You can go there before or after. Good luck.

I've been here everyday since I created my profile, sometimes more than once a day. I'm now having the itch for another trip which isn't good for my pocket.

I already did two weeks diving in Barbados in March.

Because of this place now I'm considering another place in July or August.

Where are the best places to go during these two months that are relatively inexpensive?

I usually only travel during the colder months here. Ideas?

And I hate you all. Lol:facepalm:

Haven't dove Aruba, Curacao, Belize, Caymans, Bahamas, or Costa Rica yet. Others are on the table as well

Been to Cozumel X2, Jamaica, Dominican, Utila, Barbados, canaries, and another.

Are you traveling with someone or solo? It can make a difference on the pricing.

Anthony's Key Resort on Roatan is all-inclusive and they offer a 2 for 1 special (which I believe works out the same as "no single supplement" if you are traveling solo) but there is a 19% tax added to the price, see link below:

Buy One Get on Free Roatan Vacation Packages | Anthony's Key Resort

There are different levels of accommodations at AKR (and I think that some of the cheaper rooms don't have AC?) So check it out carefully.

Airfare to Roatan can get expensive.

Haven't dove Aruba, Curacao, Belize, Caymans, Bahamas, or Costa Rica yet. Others are on the table as well

Been to Cozumel X2, Jamaica, Dominican, Utila, Barbados, canaries, and another.

Keep diving the Caribbean for a while longer. Once you start diving SE Asia, it's damn near impossible to enjoy the Caribbean diving to a great enough extent.

If you haven't been to any of those other locales yet, you've still got a fair amount of choice. I'd add Grenada to the mix.

Are you traveling with someone or solo? It can make a difference on the pricing.

Anthony's Key Resort on Roatan is all-inclusive and they offer a 2 for 1 special (which I believe works out the same as "no single supplement" if you are traveling solo) but there is a 19% tax added to the price, see link below:

Buy One Get on Free Roatan Vacation Packages | Anthony's Key Resort

There are different levels of accommodations at AKR (and I think that some of the cheaper rooms don't have AC?) So check it out carefully.

Airfare to Roatan can get expensive.

Always solo. Eh I don't know that I want to do roatan.

I did the San Pedro flight last time, two days in the narional park/jungle then another 8 days in Utila.

Thinking somewhere else outside Hnd

Always solo. Eh I don't know that I want to do roatan.

I did the San Pedro flight last time, two days in the narional park/jungle then another 8 days in Utila.

Thinking somewhere else outside Hnd

I understand, I just mentioned it because AKR considered relatively inexpensive and a possible choice for solo travelers.

By the way, it is *much* easier to get to Roatan than it is to Utila. You definitely went the hard way.

West End, Roatan is kind of a neat place to hang out and can be done quite inexpensively.

By the way, it is *much* easier to get to Roatan than it is to Utila. You definitely went the hard way.

West End, Roatan is kind of a neat place to hang out and can be done quite inexpensively.

At the reco of a friend who used to instruct there and being my first time there. It wasn't bad. Had a few movies on my phone ready to go for both the flight, the bus, and the ferry.

The jungle was relaxing. Unfortunately, the trip wasn't long enough to work it's magic on me like scuba usually does.

I had looked at flying into Rtn it was too pricey(about 800 or so more).

If I did it again I might would fly into Rtn stay and dive 2-3 days then go to utila and do it again, exfil to the jungle for a couple days, then San Pedro exit.

Keep diving the Caribbean for a while longer. Once you start diving SE Asia, it's damn near impossible to enjoy the Caribbean diving to a great enough extent.

If you haven't been to any of those other locales yet, you've still got a fair amount of choice. I'd add Grenada to the mix.

Is SE Asia that much better?

If so I'm going to look at options. Been diving about 10 years and it may be time to go there before the coral reefs are degraded even more than now.

Same with Bonaire and T&c. They are on my soon to do list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom