Yonaguni

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aihfl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking of making an Okinawa trip in December and would like to do Yonaguni. I know Reef Encounters on Okinawa can book Yonaguni packages, but I'd like to do a little comparison shopping first before I contact them. I want this to be as easy as possible, so I'd prefer to have an operator who can provide the whole enchilada (airfare, hotels, etc.), even if it ends up being somewhat more expensive.

Just out of curiosity - I looked at Reef Encounters tour packages, and they have you flying on mornings after three dives the day before. That goes against everything I've been taught or learned in 12 years of diving. Is that really OK?

Just to clarify the flight out leaves after 1200 in the afternoon and you are normally out of the water by 2-3 at the latest the day before so you meet the current reccomendation of 18hrs before flying. We also have people limit themselves to two dives the last day if they want to be more conservative- so out of the water by 1100 and a full 24 hours before flying.

For December book early as hotels and flights fill quickly around holiday time. We are already receiving many reservations from Tawain as Okinawa has more direct flights now.

Thanks for the reply. I will set my dates soon - I am looking at early-mid December so as not to travel during peak times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom