Yonaguni Ruins, Hammerhead Sharks and swimming with whales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

japan-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It is that time of year again. We are headed to Yonaguni to swim with the hammerheads and explore the ruins of Yonaguni. We have tours departing from Naha, Okinawa on January 24th and again on Feb 12th. We will be spending up to one week diving in Yonaguni each trip and for those adding a few days on Okinawa before or after Yonaguni we will be swimming and taking photos of humpback whales that will be in the waters around Okinawa main island during those times. Do not miss this yearly migration of the giants of the ocean. All trips will have bilingual, English speaking dive guides.

Okinawa is still pending on diving list, specially Yonaguni. Can you tell me if theres a web site where i can get more information about this trip. Another question the hammerheads sighting is on the same Yonaguni trip. Does the trip includes diving in another site/islands besides yonaguni. And can you tell me an aprox. price and how many dives.

Thanks!

The hammerheads and ruins are in Yonaguni island, while the whales are seen in the main island of Okinawa and the Kerama islands. How many dives and days is up to you. We normally schedule 3 dives a day but some will do 4. Prices will also vary with level of accommodations and number of days. A 10 day multi-island trip would including airfare roudtrip from Naha- Yonaguni would start at around Y250,000 per diver. More info can be found on the website in my signature line or via pm.

I was going to mail Reef Encounters directly with the question, but then I thought other people here might want to know as well...

Do you have any dates set yet for Yonaguni trips in 2014?

January isn't that far off, and for those of us who live (too) far away from there, at least some advance planning is neccessary if we want to get to Okinawa without paying through the nose for it.

We will be headed to Yonaguni the 23rd of Jan and also right now the last two weeks in Feb. You can email us directly at information@reefencounters.org for the exact dates to link hammerhead and whale dives together as these will vary (and I do not have the exact dates with me now). We have just added a New Years trip to the schedule also due to demand and have a few seats open.

All right, thanks. That's close enough in terms of dates for me to form a preliminary plan, at least.
Now I'll just have to probe the boss a little before proceeding further...

Now at the office and can add dates. Jan 23rd as posted earlier for the Jan trip and then Feb 14th and again on Feb 20th. The number of days you stay in flexible depending on how much diving you want to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom