yoke hog first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dougr52

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
are there any plans in the near future to make a hog first stage with yoke?? there are some really good prices out there on this regulator, if a fella did not have to spend another $50 on a din / yoke adapter!!

are there any plans in the near future to make a hog first stage with yoke?? there are some really good prices out there on this regulator, if a fella did not have to spend another $50 on a din / yoke adapter!!

well..not really. The HOG reg is intended for the tech market. I will be selling a package that comes with a DIN to YOKE converter soon however.

If you are a strait rec diver wanting a great value YOKE reg look no further than the EDGE Epic

Why not offer a conversion kit to make it yoke? Personally I will not dive with the first stage and a long extension poking me in the back of the head.

I'd certainly buy a conversion kit. Yoke dominates for rental gear on this side of the world, and they are definately not all convertible. The adaptor works, but obviously has it's downsides. I bought the HOG as I intend to go doubles and tech, and didn't want to buy yet another yoke reg set.

I think in abother thread it was stated that you could use the Edge yoke part to do the conversion (although it's normal chrome in colour). Can anyone confirm and tell me approx how much it would cost?

What do you guys perceive as the issue with EDGE regs?

HOG I focus on making a reg for the tech market, however that doesn't mean the EDGE reg that I optimize for recreational isn't as high quality or performance.

What do you guys perceive as the issue with EDGE regs?
We already have a set of HOG regs set up as a Hogarthian kit for single tank diving.

It would be nice to convert them to yoke for traveling abroad, and owning another first stage reg is not going to happen. I know there are ways to make it yoke, but why not offer one directly from your company? Seems like there could be at least a little profit potential? Could it be you already have something being made that would bolt on?

It would be nice to convert them to yoke for traveling abroad, and owning another first stage reg is not going to happen. I know there are ways to make it yoke, but why not offer one directly from your company? Seems like there could be at least a little profit potential? Could it be you already have something being made that would bolt on?

The only "bolt on" way to make a DIN first stage a yoke is a spin on adapter. There are plenty of places to buy them. I personally purchased mine from DiveGearExpress.com. I use it with my HOG setup when traveling. I have DIN valves on my personal tanks.

The only "bolt on" way to make a DIN first stage a yoke is a spin on adapter.
That would be incorrect information, for most modern regulators. I also own two of the adapters you are referring to, that I keep at my air compressor for filling other peoples tanks when needed. One of those adapters is a kit from SP that uses the yoke fittings removed when swapping to DIN. I have swapped from DIN to yoke and yoke to DIN many times, and since it can be done with a couple wrenches of varying sorts, I consider them "bolt on". The parts are available to change HOG regs to yoke and can be had from many places including DRIS, I just wonder if there is a market for the manufacturer to offer the parts.

Bummer I sold my Apeks yoke parts...

I'll bring in some complete yoke kits. they will retail for approx $45-60. Feb/March or so should arrive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom