yoke hog first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just picked up the Epic/HOG kit from DRIS ($165 BF sale!) looks good and will be for travel. I am assuming that is the "Edge Epic V2" as mentioned above? I heard it was the same as the d2 as well? I'm taking it to the Red Sea then Komodo so we will see....

The first stage is the same as will be used on the Epic V2, just slightly different cosmetics, the second stage is similar but not the new EDGE second stage, to be honest we reworked the EPIC second stage and REALLY improved a already very good reg. The D2 HOG first stage is the same.

I just picked up the Epic/HOG kit from DRIS ($165 BF sale!) looks good and will be for travel. I am assuming that is the "Edge Epic V2" as mentioned above? I heard it was the same as the d2 as well? I'm taking it to the Red Sea then Komodo so we will see....

I also got the BF special from DRIS. Amazing deal! I am very impressed with the Edge first stage (haven't gotten to dive it yet, but if it is anything like the D1, it will be great). I will be using the Edge 1st stage on my back gas and my D1 on a pony. If I ever go doubles, I will get another D1 and those will go to the back gas since they have the 5th port. So far I have been really impressed with all the HOG/Edge stuff I have (D1 cold 1st stage, Edge Epic cold 1st stage in DIN, three D1 2nd stages, SS STA, 2.5" SPG). I have a HOG SS Backplate on order as well. Your prices are great all year! But, nobody does Black Friday like HOG/Edge!!! If I didn't want DIN, I would have no issues going with the Edge reg set in Yoke. It feels no less substantial than the D1, which is very solid. I have never held the Edge 2nd stages, so I can't comment on those.

Sorry for the fingerprints on the pics. Both regs are coldwater versions.

Attachments

• IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 131
better second stage?! I feel cheated. I demand a free upgrade :) while you are at it pics of the Ti reg too, but work on my upgrade.

That would be incorrect information, for most modern regulators. I also own two of the adapters you are referring to, that I keep at my air compressor for filling other peoples tanks when needed. One of those adapters is a kit from SP that uses the yoke fittings removed when swapping to DIN. I have swapped from DIN to yoke and yoke to DIN many times, and since it can be done with a couple wrenches of varying sorts, I consider them "bolt on". The parts are available to change HOG regs to yoke and can be had from many places including DRIS, I just wonder if there is a market for the manufacturer to offer the parts.

Bummer I sold my Apeks yoke parts...

Could you please provide some links for the parts that can be used to convert a HOG reg to yoke.
I also have a set of HOG regs and would like to have an option to swap from DIN to YOKE.

Thanks.

Could you please provide some links for the parts that can be used to convert a HOG reg to yoke.
I also have a set of HOG regs and would like to have an option to swap from DIN to YOKE.

Thanks.

I'll bring in some complete yoke kits. they will retail for approx $45-60. Feb/March or so should arrive.
How about one from the manufacturer? Which Cerich is offering to all of us come the first part of next year. Having a manufacturer supply us what we need for their products to work in many situations is awesome. If you need one sooner I would recommend you contact Dive Right In Scuba and ask for advice.

How about one from the manufacturer? Which Cerich is offering to all of us come the first part of next year. Having a manufacturer supply us what we need for their products to work in many situations is awesome. If you need one sooner I would recommend you contact Dive Right In Scuba and ask for advice.

I'm thinking tzetzo may be asking about parts to make an "internal" conversion (what I called "native" yoke) to a HOG DIN reg? I initially misunderstood and thought that type of kit was going to be offered, but it was clarified to me in post #26 in this thread that it will be a spin-on adapter.

Blue Sparkle

You are correct Blue Spark. That is exactly what I meant.
What I'm interested in is a conversion kit that will make the D1 yoke without using the spin-on adapter.

Peter_C, you can clearly see that on post# 25 cerich explicitly says that these type of kits will not be offered, only a spin-on adapter.

I was teasing a bit, from your post it seemed like you were callingca yoke fitting a "native" fitting...to me "native" is the one it comes with, thus a HOG reg the "native" fitting is DIN...

I will NOT be offering HOG regs in yoke, I will however bring n the fittings need to convert a HOG reg to yoke with the spin on adapter.

may I ask why or why not the EDGE regulators didn't appeal?

And hence, that's why I asked if you could point me towards the parts that could be used to do that type of "internal" (as Blue Spark calls it) conversion.
It's a bit confusing since in one post cerich is saying that he'll bring in some complete yoke kits, and in another he's saying that he wont, just a spin-on adapter.
I think that he's using the word kit and adapter interchangeably. I could be wrong though!

Well then I misunderstood Cerich, as I was hoping for a manufacturers solution :(

At least there is a way to make it yoke outside the manufacturer. I suppose for traveling I could always rig us up both my MK25's as yokes since I do have two yoke "kits" and leave the HOG 1st stage behind. Hmm..that is a viable option that would cost nothing. I have to swap hoses all over the place anyhow since I always dive double regs. They are both also tested/used routinely, since the last thing I would want is a reg that hasn't been used in a long time being taken on vacation.

there will be, i should have typed without the spin on adapter. i will bring in the yoke, yoke retainer, yoke filter and filter retainer and yoke nut as a kit for people to pull the entire DIN fitting out and replace with a YOKE assembly.

Well then I misunderstood Cerich, as I was hoping for a manufacturers solution :(

At least there is a way to make it yoke outside the manufacturer. I suppose for traveling I could always rig us up both my MK25's as yokes since I do have two yoke "kits" and leave the HOG 1st stage behind. Hmm..that is a viable option that would cost nothing. I have to swap hoses all over the place anyhow since I always dive double regs. They are both also tested/used routinely, since the last thing I would want is a reg that hasn't been used in a long time being taken on vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom