Yoke 1st stage with HP100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is true for a 200bar din valve, but I dont think you can adapt a 300bar din valve (I could be wrong about that).

Agreed. I have a couple of the 3500 rated PST HP100s (no longer manufactured) that can only take a 300 bar DIN valve. I was told they don't make those valves with a screw-in adaptor.

Agreed. I have a couple of the 3500 rated PST HP100s (no longer manufactured) that can only take a 300 bar DIN valve. I was told they don't make those valves with a screw-in adaptor.

The tank I was looking at is a PST HP100 which I believe has the 300 bar DIN valve. Unfortunately I have a yoke reg - any thoughts on how I can set my rig up? Put in a 200 bar insert?

Thanks

The tank I was looking at is a PST HP100 which I believe has the 300 bar DIN valve. Unfortunately I have a yoke reg - any thoughts on how I can set my rig up? Put in a 200 bar insert?

Thanks

The insert will only work with the 5 thread, 200 bar din (which is actually rated at 232 bar or 3442 psi). The older HP tanks are 3500 psi and have 7 threads in the din connection. To use it, you would have to convert your regs to 300 bar din.

Thanks. I read this article though - SCUBA Valves: Regulator Fittings, 200 vs 300 Bar FAQ and Cylinder Neck Threads - Dive Gear Express, which states that a 200 bar insert is acceptable. Not sure about its validity though...

From the above website:
Does a yoke adapter insert exist for my 300 bar valve? No. An adapter insert does not exist, and even if it were made, we have never seen a yoke clamp long enough to fit over the 300 bar SCUBA valve. There is a yoke-to-din fill adapter device for 300 bar valves, but it is strictly for filling only.

Wish it weren't so, Joe.
Depending on the reg, it's no big deal to convert. I was able to easily purcase and install the conversion on my SR1, and switch it back and forth as needed. Lots of nice regs availible in DIN.

I should add, in case you are not yet aware:

The PST HP 100s are great tanks (I have four of them). However, as the original manufacturer is now out of business, the DOT exception for these tanks will expire in 2012. The consensus seems to be that this will not be a problem, however, it is possible that you will have trouble getting these tanks hydroed (and thus filled) after 2012 (or at least 2012 plus 5 years, if you have them hydroed at the last minute).

A search for "Pressed Steel" should be enlightening. In short: if you buy them, get a good price.

I have HP 120's that are regularly filled past 4000psi and I dive old school ScubaPro MkV and R-109's from the 1970's and the yoke is stamped 3000.
No problems with at least 100 dives.

Back
Top Bottom