1st Stage question / MK25 EVO swapping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm trying to change my MK25 yoke to din. Seems pretty straightforward based on a few YouTube videos. Do I need anything else besides the converter kit? Is there any need for O2 grease on the O rings? Or should I take it to my LDS and let them do it?

I'm trying to change my MK25 yoke to din. Seems pretty straightforward based on a few YouTube videos. Do I need anything else besides the converter kit? Is there any need for O2 grease on the O rings? Or should I take it to my LDS and let them do it?
When I purchased my SP universal conversion kits, the O-rings were already fully lubed.
Be aware that there are two O-rings in the kit, but you need to install just one (the small one for any reg except MK2 and MK5 - the latter also requires a distancing washer for avoiding the insert is screwed too much indide the reg body).

When installing the kit you of course need some tools. The low profile 3/8 drive socket to remove the yoke A-clamp and some Allen keys to install the DIN conversion. Warning, you must dissassemble the DIN converter to properly install it. That means to remove the end seal holder, sintered filter and support spring and then install and torque using the inner Allen hex. Then once the DIN adapter is torqued into the regulator first stage body, reverse install the spring, sintered filter and then the outer seal holder. Do NOT torque into the body using the small outer seal holder hex/Allen. You will damage the adapter.

The Mark 2 does not require a spacer washer to my knowledge, if it does I have not used one :wink:. The Mark V perhaps, never used the Universal kit in my Mark Vs. As mentioned, on the Mark 2 do not use the end O-ring and on about everything else do not use the larger flange O ring on the insert. It makes sense when you look at the parts in hand.

When installing the kit you of course need some tools. The low profile 3/8 drive socket to remove the yoke A-clamp and some Allen keys to install the DIN conversion. Warning, you must dissassemble the DIN converter to properly install it. That means to remove the end seal holder, sintered filter and support spring and then install and torque using the inner Allen hex. Then once the DIN adapter is torqued into the regulator first stage body, reverse install the spring, sintered filter and then the outer seal holder. Do NOT torque into the body using the small outer seal holder hex/Allen. You will damage the adapter.

The Mark 2 does not require a spacer washer to my knowledge, if it does I have not used one :wink:. The Mark V perhaps, never used the Universal kit in my Mark Vs. As mentioned, on the Mark 2 do not use the end O-ring and on about everything else do not use the larger flange O ring on the insert. It makes sense when you look at the parts in hand.
Tha spacing washer (2mm thick) is required only on the MK5.
Please note that Scubapro does NOT officially support the Universal Conversion Kit for the MK5.
Instead in Scubapro catalog two DIN kits are specific for the MK5, one is 200 bars, the other is 300 bars.
They have a longer barrel than the Universal Kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom