YO257 engine-room.. plus airplanes and sharks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VBlueV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
some firsts for me today during the IDH Club Dive: "DOUBLE DEEP DIP" on the YO257.

this was my first DECO DIVE without my intructor sherman johns.. alone and un-afraid? [well not so alone.. 'had my buddy jay.. and not so un-afraid.. but maybe oblivious/narc'd =]

with us today were members of the HaTed team [fish, christy, chris, justin, bruce]
HaTed stands for Hawaii Technical Divers..
http://www.hawaiitechnicaldivers.com/

so, including the twin tanks me and jay each had.. there were a total of six sets of doubles rigs on-board the AU KAI today.. in addition.. chris brought his cool rebreather..

wait, there's more!.. there were also 14 oxygen deco bottles with us today..
not to mention all the other club members all had NITROX tanks.
let me tell you! we were all one happy crew :D mmmm.. OXYGEN.. good :eyebrow:

anyways.. on with the show.. here are the pics from today..
http://vbluev.sharpcast.com/slideshow/28775_123587683943201?swidth=1280&sheight=1024&startSlideNum=1

our dive profile was 60 minutes at 100fsw avg.. with 25 minutes planned deco.
sequence.. explore YO257 engine room.. then, find the airplanes along the yellow-brick-road [okay, they're really just gray cinder-blocks].. my first time to the airplanes..

and my additional goals.. also see san pedro.. and see the submarine.. check, check, check, and check! bonus round.. see sharks!.. check x 3!

TEAM HaTeD.. fish, christy, chris, chance, justin, bruce..
hated02.JPG

YO257 engine panel guages..
engine-panel1.JPG

airplane fuselage..
airplane12.JPG

HaTed team on approach back to YO257..
hated08.JPG

jay arriving YO257 from airplanes..
jay11-round.JPG

thanks to the IDH DIVE CLUB and a big thanks to the skipper and crew of the AU KAI!

scubadrewvideo:
Sweeeet *said with a hint of envy
yeah right.. "Mr. Swim-with-dolphins-all-afternoon" :eyebrow:

now.. if i would've had a scooter.. i could've made it all the way to the fish pyramids too :14:

scubadrewvideo:
Are you sure each of those sharks was "another" and not the same one.....:D
Also, are you sure the long bodied fish weren't Hellers Baracuda?
How was the current? did it change at all or were you lucky with slack tide all dive.
yep, at least 3 sharks (two larger sharks were swimming circles together.. and then i kept finding smaller white-tips under the wings.
plus, the HaTeD team said they saw like seven..

the large school of long fish were not hellers.. they didn't have the black splotches on their bodies nor tails.. plus i would've been skeered :11:

we must've been in slack the whole time.. hardly a current.. plus viz wasn't as good as usual..

Hey, maybe my finger was narced. Hmmmmmm. Great dive though. First post training dive on our own. Hope we did our Jedi Master proud. Nicely planned and safe dive by two of his padawans. Great dive with JJ and lots of cool stuff. Hey, if we just took right out off the stern when we got down there we would have no problem taking in the wrecks, pyramids, and cement blocks out there, with time left over. I think it only took about 5-6 minutes to reach the planes.

rockjock3:
First post training dive on our own. Hope we did our Jedi Master proud. Nicely planned and safe dive by two of his padawans.
where is master sherman? he's supposed to be back by now..

we need to plan another deeeeeep dive with him.. asap!

hey jay.. where are YOUR pics from today?

btw.. yes, that is bruce from bruce & kelli..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom