the II eyes of god, II sharks, and a wwII airplane..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
Huge is an understatement... BTW how many days are we looking at here? Im thinking it wiil have to be in steps as much as I hate that.

I usually answer this one with "as long as it takes"...I know people don't like that answer :) It all depends on you, me, our schedules, the weather, my boat's PMS schedule, my compressor's PMS schedule, world helium market fluctuations, my wife's and 2 daughter PMS schedule, and more importantly your comfort and skill level.

If it takes 4 weekends it takes 4 weekends, if it takes 2 years it takes 2 years...but either way I will feel confident in your abilities to not kill yourself and I will be able to sleep at night.

And one of my favorite responses to some of my student's after dives is "Baby steps..."

Scuba and Dream:
And one of my favorite responses to some of my student's after dives is "Baby steps..."
but some of us need to take baby steps, as long as the footing is good!

WC, you will come away with much knowledge and improved skills, much worth the effort!

okay.. i remember now, when matt and jo first found this ledge they originally named it..
dos ojos de dios..

[translated into haoli.. "the two eyes of god"]
i think they got their latin inspiration from a recent trip to the underwater caves in mexico..

here's more video of ledge linked from IDH..
http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/johawaii/?action=view&current=postit.flv

and here's their original write-up of the plane wreckage..
(see the last dive-report in the series)
http://www.oahuscubadiving.com/index.php?/reports/2007/03/12/
the F4F Wildcat.. before it came to rest at 230fsw..
F4F%20a%20m.jpg

maybe sherm will let jay bring his video camera on the next deep dive..
then he can show cool footage too!
rockjock has already tested the housing to over 200fsw..
(ask jay and jimbo how :D)

FYI, I wouldn't pull the trigger on it being an F4F Wildcat quite yet...I have some insight information but I don't feel comfy sharing it here.

The F4F looks a whole lot like a zero. Now that would be cool!

Scuba and Dream:
I usually answer this one with "as long as it takes"...I know people don't like that answer :) It all depends on you, me, our schedules, the weather, my boat's PMS schedule, my compressor's PMS schedule, world helium market fluctuations, my wife's and 2 daughter PMS schedule, and more importantly your comfort and skill level.

If it takes 4 weekends it takes 4 weekends, if it takes 2 years it takes 2 years...but either way I will feel confident in your abilities to not kill yourself and I will be able to sleep at night.

So how long did it take Jim and JJ? I figure I'll need half that much time:rofl3:
Real question, what is the water temp here at 200 plus? Any chance I can dive dry?

You should start doing some sit-ups so you can get in the boat.

....maybe take some evening strolls after supper and cocktails.

Thats it, you get Bunns of steel for Xmas!...As soon as I can lift my arm above my shoulder I can start working out again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom