YKK BDM vs TiZIP zippers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TiZIP Brand, not an imitation, 1000s of dives excellent for Semi-Dry suits.

BDM for Dry-suits.

Martin OWEN. suit manufacturer repairer, Ocean Suits. Melb. Aust.

If anyone want waterproof zipper for drysuit, maybe JQJ zipper is a good choice.
It belong to the top-grade quality in China and it is recognized by many companies.

Most of dry suits are use the zippers from BDM YKK DYNAT OEB TIZIP and JQJ.but what is the different between those companies.

BDM,Dynat and OEB are belong to YKK group,they are nearly monopolize drysuit zipper market.
TIZIP is a germeny company.she only supply the nylon waterproof zipper which usually use for dry bag and waterball.
JQJ is a chinese company who supply 8 pitch neoprene drysuit zipper.

JQJ is a registered brand in china and zipper quality also is very good,at least no poor than BDM.
You can visit the website:JQJ waterproof zipper airtight diving drysuit water ball zipper if you want to know more about JQJ zipper.

If anyone want waterproof zipper for drysuit, maybe JQJ zipper is a good choice.
It belong to the top-grade quality in China and it is recognized by many companies.

www.jqjcn.com
This web page is not working nor accessible.

Works for me.
Now works. It could be a temporary out of service of any element in the chain from my computer to the server where the page is hosted.

The are both great. I have the Tizip on my semidry and it never skipped a beat. You have to look after any zip if you want them to last. I have seem other divers having issues but I believe it's due to bad maintenance. I agree that it would be a great idea to have the TiZip on a lightweight suit. make sure you use some silicone grease on them and cleanthem after evey dive trip. Also dont close the zip when you store the suit (unless its janger from a propper hanger) or expect some pressure on the zip during travel.

:cool2: Hi guys, I think BDM zipper is better than the TIZIP.

Because we all know the bdm zipper can resist more air pressure/ water pressure than the TIZIP.

In my opinion, the TIZIP is suitable for wet suits or semi dry suit while the bdm zippers are appropriate for dry suits for the sake of safety. However, the bdm zipper is too rigid and feels uncomfortable than the tizip.:dork2:

Anyone else using the TiZip on their drysuit and have any experience?

I'm due for a zipper replacement soon. Traditional YKK zipper, starting to fail at the teeth where the material has started fraying too close like most zipper failures.

It would seem that the TiZip may not have this sort of issue but I don't know anyone that has had one for more than 2-3 years with 200-300 dives on it?

When I was talking to the rep at Bare he was saying that They have replaced the zippers in the suits used at a local commercial diving school with the TiZip and have not had a failure yet. The rep was saying the oldest TiZip has over 1500 dives on it and counting, that was 1.5 years ago. This info comes from a factory rep that makes a living selling the product so take this info with a grain of salt. I for one would chose the plastic zipper over the old outdated metal zipper in a heart beat.

Back
Top Bottom