yet more Anilao photos, Feb 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
well I'm hesitant to post these because Ed has developed such a great eye, he has some amazing compositions. I hope to develop an eye like that some day!

I took my wife to Anilao the 1st week of February, we were lucky enough to hook up with Jeff Guzman & his friend Liza who showed us some amazing hospitality...

The water was cold but the vis was good and lots of subjects were out to be photographed.

enjoy!

471545214_WaFPN-M.jpg

My wife and the jacks

467932487_J7geA-M.jpg

Hairy squat lobster

472254557_sXExG-M.jpg

Two nudibranchs, Ceratosoma trilobatum at Aphol's rock

472283803_XaKbX-M.jpg

Xenia soft coral mimic nudibranch, Phylodesmium rudmani, nature's finest mimic, at Aphol's rock

479420061_rANfW-M.jpg

Lionfish at Beatrice

479414206_J3QVg-M.jpg

Hand-painted newly settled ornate ghost pipefish, Basura

467935506_h9cbz-M.jpg

Bobbit worm lunging at a fish

479400168_EtSAp-M.jpg

Rare giant seahorse, almost 12 inches long

479407432_YSDQZ-M.jpg

Ornate ghost pipefish, Kirby's rock

more photos in my gallery here:
Anilao photo gallery

You have no reason to worry about posting your pictures. They look incredible. I will have to look at the rest tonight. Thanks for posting them. You have some great shots - the detail in the second one is incredible.

wait, Scotty, you went to Anilao again since Nov last year? So jealous. :) Great pics. You stay at Club Ocellaris again?

I'm particularly liking the foot long seahorse - very rare indeed!

Really nice! I especially enjoyed the first WA with your wife in the school of Jacks and the Sunball background. The two nudi shots were lovely as well. I especially liked the composition of the soft coral mimics.

They're all great but especially love the ornate ghost pipefish! I saw plenty in Dauin but they're a bit blah in the colour department so yours is quite the treat! Thx for posting. :)

scubasteve - thanks alot for the kind words.

Chippy - well I was at club-o in november, and then I had to go to singapore for chinese new-years to see my in-laws, so I decided to take my wife to anilao for a week. I hadn't planned on returning again so soon!

Peter, Larry - thanks alot

annasea -thanks, I think the ghost pipefish are slightly seasonal, we saw many more this trip than in early november, and they were much more colorful.

scott

You have no reason to worry about posting your pictures. They look incredible. I will have to look at the rest tonight. Thanks for posting them. You have some great shots - the detail in the second one is incredible.

Scott, I agreed with what Steve said. You have no reason at all, those are amazing shots. The GPF & Nudi (#3) are simply awesome... :wink:

Ed.

Very nice! Really like the delicate details of the fragile looking newly settled ornate ghost pipefish.

Great stuff !!!! I would have been happy to have taken those myself. Now where are the rest ?

Where did you stay in Anilao ? Busy planning a trip there in Oct, just getting prices on flights etc.

After all of the recent postings I just have to go over there and see for myself !!

Back
Top Bottom