Yet another Philippines dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ukuntrit

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!
I'm planning my dive trip to the Philippines, but need some feedback!
Preferences: I like to go off the beaten path, and like all kinds of diving.

This trip however, focus is to on seeing Threshers and Whale sharks in their natural habitat. Also, I plan to take a side mount course. If enough time, maybe wreck diving. This is my itinerary atm:
Arrive Cebu Oct 9, Fly out on Nov 6. Almost 4 weeks available for diving.

Oct 9-17: Malapascua, sidemount course, thresher sharks, chill
Oct 17-22: Travel to Bohol for tourist stuffs, maybe diving in Panglao, Bacalisag
Oct 22-23: Layover in Cebu (or hire a really early boat from Malapascua since flight to Coron leaves 12:25 PM, but maybe I'm crazy to take the chance)
Oct 23-30: Coron, wreck diving, tourist stuff
Oct 30-31: Layover in Cebu
Oct 31- Nov 5: Sogod bay - Since Whale shark season start in November, this is my last stop
Nov 5-6: Layover in Cebu
Nov 6 Fly out

It's going to be a lot of layovers... Should I skip a stop, or maybe switch?
Thinking Malapascua-Bohol-Sogod-Coron but wanna have a chance to see the whale sharks...

Putting Coron at the end would also make it possible to optimize the last bit since flight from Coron lands 4:25PM and my flight out is 8:55PM. Not sure if the flights are reliable though.

I could also skip either Bohol or Coron to get less stops. Would love to get some feedback.

BTW: Next stop on the journey is 3w in Raja Ampat if that would help in deciding what to do in the Philippines. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom