Yet another Mask question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the Atomic. I went with the subframe because I needed perscription lenses and didn't want the glue-in lenses required with the frameless. Had it not been for that, I would gone with the frameless.

Great mask, great fit, leaks a little bit if I smile a lot and yet it's so easy to clear I don't miss the purge that I had in two different OceanMaster masks (with purges) that I dearly loved. Choose Atomic because it's such a low volume mask.

PIC-0325.jpg

I went w/ the Omersub Alien... ther Riffe Naida's nose pocket was a little shorter than the Alien...

Atomic Frameless is still on my list for future presents to myself, but buying the Alien saved me some green even w/ the new Spetton Estilete Small.... Thanks for all the input!

After reading all this I have decided that maybe I will invest in a new mask as well. I am leaning towards the atomic aquatics frame less mask, but I would also like to consider the atomic aquatics ARC in their ultra clear mask. I guess my question is:

1-will that mask help me see all the colors I should be? My lds has a mask that has a pinkish/reddish tint that I am told puts red "back" in so you can see true color, but im not a big fan having reducing my field of view, so I didn't get it.

2-anyone have any experience in these masks? if so, which would you pick?

Thanks

one of my LDS just got the full line of Atomics in... The ARC only comes in the Subframe right now, not the frameless... And yes EVERYONE that I've talked to said it makes a huge difference... Just looking at the masks side by side w/ any other mask you can see the difference in clarity... I just didn't want to fork out $100 on a new mask yet... If the price is not an option and you take good care of your equipment get the Atomic, ARC if you are a photog... don't get any other "red" ones because Atomic is really ahead of the curve when it comes to this technology!!

one of my LDS just got the full line of Atomics in... The ARC only comes in the Subframe right now, not the frameless... And yes EVERYONE that I've talked to said it makes a huge difference... Just looking at the masks side by side w/ any other mask you can see the difference in clarity... I just didn't want to fork out $100 on a new mask yet... If the price is not an option and you take good care of your equipment get the Atomic, ARC if you are a photog... don't get any other "red" ones because Atomic is really ahead of the curve when it comes to this technology!!

Within reason, money is not an issue when it comes to the dive gear I get for my wife and I. We figure, if we're gonna do it, no reason to dive with the wrong gear or not what is optimal for us :D:D

We're also just starting into photography, but I really think the "red" mask would be my best choice since I really want to be seeing the colors as they should be with the highest quality. I really hope my LDS carries those things

One more vote for the Atomic frame less. I just got mine and love it. Well worth the money. Good luck in your search.

One more vote for the Atomic frame less. I just got mine and love it. Well worth the money. Good luck in your search.

Thanks, I'm gonna need it. With me just about any mask will work and be comfortable for the most part. My wife has a bit of leaking issue, went through three different masks before we found one that let it stop leaking on her. :(:(

whats really weird is that all three passed the suction test with flying colors, but once we get below 20 feet its game over and the mask starts leaking. Above 20 feet, they were all fine.

so weird

Thanks, I'm gonna need it. With me just about any mask will work and be comfortable for the most part. My wife has a bit of leaking issue, went through three different masks before we found one that let it stop leaking on her. :(:(

whats really weird is that all three passed the suction test with flying colors, but once we get below 20 feet its game over and the mask starts leaking. Above 20 feet, they were all fine.

so weird

hmmm.... straps too tight??? Hair???

If you are gonna "do it right" get the Atomic Subframe w/ ARC... hands down the best tech out there, especially for a photog... I don't necessarily agree w/ "replacing" reds w/ a mask for photography because then you might adjust your camera improperly... Remember you want to bring the color back in your pictures not in your mask...

The Atomic masks just aid the available light to get through your lens to your eye, less of it is reflected by the mask.. thus giving you a better judgement on what settings to use on your Cam:14: So my vote is against a "red" mask so you can better see what your camera is seeing...

Also the masks are exquisitely manufactured:D

Take a look at the photog forum, I've been out of it for the last year due to a career change, and you should get some great advice!

CRW_2813copy.jpg

It's been said over and over again...but I'll chime in just to make sure you get the point: Atomic Frameless and you might even forget you're wearing one.

If that's the case, why in your public profile do you list as your mask the Mares liquidskin?????Just wondering.

hmmm.... straps too tight??? Hair???
If you are gonna "do it right" get the Atomic Subframe w/ ARC... hands down the best tech out there, especially for a photog... I don't necessarily agree w/ "replacing" reds w/ a mask for photography because then you might adjust your camera improperly... Remember you want to bring the color back in your pictures not in your mask...

The Atomic masks just aid the available light to get through your lens to your eye, less of it is reflected by the mask.. thus giving you a better judgement on what settings to use on your Cam:14: So my vote is against a "red" mask so you can better see what your camera is seeing...

Also the masks are exquisitely manufactured:D

Take a look at the photog forum, I've been out of it for the last year due to a career change, and you should get some great advice!

I think I will have to check out that ARC mask. Right now we have an entry level camera and the options for adjusting color settings are sadly non existent :(

We also tried loosening the straps and getting the hair out of the way. Our instructor was in the water with us and he tried everything to get her mask to work. The problem was solved when he switched masks with her which leaked a lot less (another reason we love our LDS, the people there are awesome).

So when we got back to the store they gave us one of each mask that may work, we took it out to the pool, whichever didnt leak at all, we took. So we ended up with 1 mask. I didn't realize til yesterday that they all have the clear skirt, maybe the black skirt with the ARC mask will seal better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom