Yet another Mask question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, it's been a while since the last post in this thread but I need some advice....

I tried on the Atomic SubFrame and Frameless today... Both fit great and look great!!! I've been glancing at 'em for almost a year now...

I also tried on an Omersub Alien mask... Fit great too!!!

I was hoping one wouldn't fit that well, so "I" wouldn't have to make the decision.. but they both fit fantastic!!! I know the Atomic lenses are great but I need to justify that they are $60 better than the Omer... because I like the shape of the Omer Alien a little better....

p.s. I need a low volume low-profile mask that'll handle freediving and scuba.... Thanks...

i noticed some people earlier mentioned the mares x-vision ... mares also offers the x-vision mid (or something like that, basically the mask is a bit smaller to fit smaller faces) ... i would check them out, from what i've seen they are extremely low volume and they seem to fit well

i noticed some people earlier mentioned the mares x-vision ... mares also offers the x-vision mid (or something like that, basically the mask is a bit smaller to fit smaller faces) ... i would check them out, from what i've seen they are extremely low volume and they seem to fit well

You are correct about the X-Vision Mid. The Mares X-Vision is a low-volume, light weight mask that fits quite a few people, and the X-Vision Mid is a smaller version of the X-Vision. We currently have both in stock. Check out our website (Royal Scuba) or contact us for further information.

Also, both masks are available with a LiquidSkin skirt for a even more comfortable fit.

And for those who are looking for a free-diving mask the Mares Star LiquidSkin is the perfect mask.

I've had the X-vision for over a year now... good mask but not quite right, I dunno but the fit, for me, has just been a tad off. It does seal well, it's just that the shape is just off for me.

I'm in the mood for a black skirt too...:14: So I really think it's gonna be between the Alien or one of the Atomic's... I looked at Cressi and Riffe as well; the Minima fir great but might be a little to slim for me right now... And some of the Riffe didn't fit quite as well as the Omer and Atomic's did.

Thanks for the input though!!!:wink:

the crystalvue is also available without a purge. I have 2 of them, though I don't use them any ore as i found a mask that fits me better.

Ocean master??? if so that was my first mask... except it had a purge and the nipple killed my nose after a dive:ssst: loved it but it was HUGE!!! and now I have no idea where it's at???? maybe friend borrowed it???

no, I found that the sea vision ultra fits me great. very lucky, I have one helluva time finding masks that will seal any more. when I was a lot younger most anything fit, not any more.

atomic frameless, black skirt...hands down...worth the money...I used to think my mares x-vision was awesome, but compared to the Atomic frameless, it's garbage... also, it comes in regular and medium fit...

so the edge seems to be in Atomic's corner because that glass is crystal clear and everyone I've talked to (that the mask fits) loves it... But the shape to me is not the most pleasing...
black_A.jpg

the Riffe Naida fits very well
mask-naida.jpg

Omersub Alien seems to have the lowest volume of the 3 and fits great too
alien.jpg

So any experienced users of the Omer or Riffe can give me a headsup w/ lens quality???

Back
Top Bottom