Yet another Introduction.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome Kat! I've just recently started posting here, and I'm pretty much in the same situation as you are, having done most of my dives in warm waters. I did my first local dives (shallow, shore dives) in the summer and, although conditions are very different from the Caribbean (the limited visibility is what struck me the most), it's definitely a worthwhile experience and I'm planning on keeping diving locally... though with the current temps it'll probably have to wait until next spring :)

Nuno

Welcome to the North Atlantic!

A lot of people let the cold water and the lack of 100 ft visibility scare them away from diving around here, but they are missing out. Our rocky coasts have some incredible marine life and in terms of wrecks, the northeast is hard to beat. There are enough wrecks right here in tiny little Rhode Island to keep me busy for the rest of my life. The U-853 is probably the most famous one, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Also, one of the great things about New England is how much great diving can be had right for the shore when you don't have easy access to a boat.

If you want to get a taste for the sorts of things there are to see around here I have a bunch of my underwater photos on my website:
Welcome to Chris’s Dive Site!

And just to give you an idea of the insane number of wrecks in our waters check this out:
http://wreckhunter.net/

Hi Kat,
I would highly recommend a drysuit for summer or winter diving. You will dramatically increase your comfort, season, and experience.

My favorite shore dive sites in order are Cathedral Ledge, Folly Cove, and Old Garden Beach. If the seas cooperate we do every shore dive at Cat. If the seas are rough we choose one of the other sites. Lunch and drinks are always part of the diving experience.

It's nice to get outside for a social activity with the buds particularly in the dead of winter.

Hi there

Welcome to the local diving community.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom