Yet, another ? about tying off the SPG and primary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serrada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I currently am using zip ties. Yes, I know I shouldn’t be. As an alternative to string I’ve seen people us O-rings. Is there any reason why I should be using o-rings per DIR. I’ve searched but couldn’t find anything. Also, what size o-ring do people use and is there a certain type? :shakehead

To my knowlege using o-rings for holding gear like this isn't DIR.
Tie on the bolt snaps to the SPG and primary second stage with cave line using a cave knot and you'll be golden. :wink:

serrada:
I currently am using zip ties. Yes, I know I shouldn’t be. As an alternative to string I’ve seen people us O-rings. Is there any reason why I should be using o-rings per DIR. I’ve searched but couldn’t find anything. Also, what size o-ring do people use and is there a certain type? :shakehead

This is a breakaway attachment which used to be preferred/acceptable. Eventually, GUE/WKPP came to the conclusion that the risk of breaking at inconvenient or inappropriate times outweighed the benefits of quick detachment. I think breakaway attachment is still preferred for rebreather bailout. Views on this were changing about the time I took fundamentals. Someone trained earlier might have better info on exact reasons for the change.

SparticleBrane:
To my knowlege using o-rings for holding gear like this isn't DIR.
Tie on the bolt snaps to the SPG and primary second stage with cave line using a cave knot and you'll be golden. :wink:

#36? Is there a website I could learn how to do a cave knot?
Thanks
Colin

Great Stuff. Thanks guys. Now I just need to order some #24.

Take snap in hand.

Take ziptie out of Drybox

Affix ziptie to boltsnap

Place boltsnap on device (SPG, Reg Hose, Goodman Handle, Overrated Scout Light, etc.)

Snip off flailing end of ziptie. I prefer nail clippers.

Move on to more important things - like diving.

Zipties rock. They hold. They are breakaway when you want them to be. They are easy to assemble, and they come in the color preferred by most divers!

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Take snap in hand.

Take ziptie out of Drybox

Affix ziptie to boltsnap

Place boltsnap on device (SPG, Reg Hose, Goodman Handle, Overrated Scout Light, etc.)

Snip off flailing end of ziptie. I prefer nail clippers.

Move on to more important things - like diving.

Zipties rock. They hold. They are breakaway when you want them to be. They are easy to assemble, and they come in the color preferred by most divers!

---
Ken

Mo2vation, you're SB staff and trolling around in the DIR forum? :confused:
what you said might work great for you, but it is certainly not DIR

Mo2vation:
Zipties rock. They hold. They are breakaway when you want them to be.
And they are also breakaway when you don't want them to be. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom