Yesterdays dive 7/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the leaf scorpion fish,
very nice also the antler coral pictures with the WAL (Are you bringing with you under water both lenses and change when need?

The nudy would have been perfect if the foreground wasn't a bit out of focus.
I also like the colours of your pics. I think is pretty much similar of what Gilligan is having (Hope I am not wrong about this one...)

Ciao

Yea, I have the WAL attached to the lens dock and switched them out during the dive. I have to make a pocket for the macros, hate just sliding them into my BCD.

As Alcina stated, with the macro lenses you have a very limited depth of field. I took this picture focused at 4"...anything more or less will pretty much be out of focus.

For the WAL pics I used manual white balance, just like Gilligan. I calibrated the camera off the sand, I think Jim does that too. Maybe that's why the colors are simular.

just thought of something....on Tuesday I was shooting normal mode with the lenses, maybe that is why I had a greater DOF and yesterday I was shooting in Macro mode, hence less DOF, does that make sense? can it be?

I have nothing to attache my WAL. But being always with the dome it will become kind of heavy and really convenient. I thing I will use a pocked I already have hanging out of the jacket. It does not fit into it.

Ciao ciao

Here is where I got my lens dock from. Has saved my lens a couple of times

Lisa,

Very nice pictures. The Nudi's were really nice. I'm not sure about the DOF question, I haven't used a macro lense. The last picture from the 19th is really nice. Wonderful focus and detail on what I suppose is a Seabiscuit Skeleton.

Ya know, I checked the hoover and can't tell which it is. The picture of the empty one has what I wrote in my log a "test", don't ask me what it means. Then there are 2 other pictures of other animals that still have spines...it is either a Half-Star Heart Urchin or a Hawaiian Lovenia...the shape and the color are very simular...

Oh, and thank you :)

wait, you meant the last picture on the 19th....that is a very close up view of a Pillow starfish...sorry for the misunderstanding

Fun fun fun!

BTW - on the nudi shot it looks like you've got a description for an eel??

That foreground thing can be a problem with the stacked macros - you either have to really juggle the position of the camera to not get it or make sure that you get the angle right so you can crop it out LOL (or you're great at PS...maybe clone it out!)

jealous!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom