yesterday at Dutch Springs PA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TedJ:
I spent six years in Bethlehem and got certified through the Allentown Y. Ah fond memories of chili dogs.
TedJ

I spent 4 years in Bethlehem (at Lehigh U). That was more than a decade before I took up scuba. I've never even been to Dutch Springs. Maybe this year.

I really wanted to go diving here in Boston yesterday, but was blindsided by a snowstorm. I've never dived while it was snowing and didn't feel like starting yesterday.

SueMermaid:
Did you see any actual fish, or are they all long dead of hypothermia?

A fair number of fish just moving real slow, kind of like a fish petting zoo.

mandrake:
I spent 4 years in Bethlehem (at Lehigh U). That was more than a decade before I took up scuba. I've never even been to Dutch Springs. Maybe this year.

I really wanted to go diving here in Boston yesterday, but was blindsided by a snowstorm. I've never dived while it was snowing and didn't feel like starting yesterday.

I spent six years at Lehigh - Class of '71, out with my MS in 1973. When did you graduate? One dive in the PA quarries was enough for me. It's been warm water ever since.
TedJ

TedJ:
I spent six years at Lehigh - Class of '71, out with my MS in 1973. When did you graduate? One dive in the PA quarries was enough for me. It's been warm water ever since.
TedJ

Class of '88, BS/BA in Physics/English Lit which catapulted me into software engineering.

mandrake:
Class of '88, BS/BA in Physics/English Lit which catapulted me into software engineering.

What a combination. I did BS IE and MS Management Science and have done all sorts of things since. If the market had been better to me I'd be where Gilligan and Tortuga are right now, or at least somewhere warm.

boney:
Looks cold! How was the dive???

Nice... air was f28 water was about f39 vis about 35' fair number of fish

45 degrees!

I didn't realize the thermocline turned vertical in the winter.
We were all reading 36 - 39 on our side, both days.

grunzster:
45 degrees!I didn't realize the thermocline turned vertical in the winter.We were all reading 36 - 39 on our side, both days.

Who said 45 deg. ???

Sorry I looked back and saw it..... the guy who said 45 deg. must have been refering to the temp in the trailer because he did not dive just took pics.

Very nice pics.

Water temp on our side was hi 30s as well.

jerry - nice pics. congrats on the new camera.
sean - guess we'll catch up with you next time.

while we were there sunday, it snowed into the afternoon.
it really made the day.

and a few good portraits...

dsc00619e.sized.jpg
dsc00617e.sized.jpg

they're smiling, but what they're thinking is, "put down the camera - and put your hood on already".

it started freezing over nicely around noon.

dsc00628e.sized.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom