Yes..another DIR question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver once bubbled...
I was forced to take a snorkel on a charter in the Keys.

I stuffed it in my wetsuit while the DM watched, and then jumped in the water!

You can actually get a folding snorkel from Sherwood that fits in your pocket.

JB

The next time some boat jockey insists you wear a snorkle, tie it around your waist with a bungie cord letting it dangle in front between your legs. Tell him that if s/he insists you wear one, this is where it is going to stay and NO s/he cannot adjust it.

We should move this thread to the humor section and rename it "creative ways to wear a snorkel"!! LOL pt40fathoms!

I was in St. Lucia and the first dive was a shore dive with a "check out". We had to flood out mask and clear it and some other crap. The DM wanted me to have my snorkle so I took it. Instead of flooding my mask I took it off. (I tried to hand it to him but he didn't want it, guess he already had one!) When I put it back on I got the snorkle twisted so I took it off a second time to straightened things out. He was less insistant about the snorkle on later dives.

Cornfed, I would have loved to see that DM's face!! LOL. After doing the DIRF in Seattle in 50 degree water, I think I could do an entire dive without my mask in the tropics - except for wanting to SEE.

Back
Top Bottom