Yellow Scuba Pro Jet fins--not twin jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about:

Zero Dive Tech Fin
9864dc61a799f6ce16bc7c9ca2ebc525.image.750x500.jpg
Tech Fin : Zerodive, DIVESYSTEM official reseller

The all black craze has hit Japan and the Revo are now only available in Black. Hopefully next year they will do a limited run again.

Hoosier:
The colored jet fins was sold exclusively in Asia market many years ago..

For a very short time, somewhere around the late 80s/early 90s, Jets were sold in the US in yellow, pink and baby blue, in addition to the standard black.

I am not sure why you mentioned LP to me though. I have no idea about what sources LP has currently.

I meant it as joke. Once you have to take time to explain a joke it is usually no longer funny, however I will explain:

I want a product that seems to be only sold overseas. From a company that speaks a language I do not speak. Every time an online gear purchase thread pops up, which is where I would have to purchase these if I am to obtain them in a cost effective manner, if Leisure Pro in particular comes up, people falsely say that LP gets all of its gear from dealers going out of business or from overseas dealers.

Also since people say that ScubaPro only sells to authorized dealers and has no direct dealing with LP, and with that in mind that LP has to travel the world to get the stuff they sell or falsely say that they sell fake gear.

So with that in mind I said sarcastically that with as much as that train of thought pops up, I should just be able to pick up the phone and give them a call to get some gear that is sold overseas. Because if the premise that LP mostly sells gear from overseas it would look like and be overseas type gear from the various overseas markets that they purchase from.

They do indeed seem to be a replica of Beuchat's original Jetfins, the version before Scubapro began marketing them. They're made out of good old-fashioned natural rubber, not the limp thermoplastic elastomer substitute manufacturers seem to use these days.

I can't help with a review as I haven't tried the fins. I knew they existed because I did some research over the last few months on natural rubber fins and the Zero Dive Techs came up in my searches. I haven't manage to locate an American importer/retailer either. You might consider purchasing the fins online from Zero Dive, there's a discount if you order online. I simulated a purchase and the registration page has a country list including the USA.

One ScubaPro retailer told me that any retailer can order and sell yellow Jetfins still. The trick is that you need to make a minimum order and that was quite a few pairs. I don't recall if it was like 500 or 1000 pairs, and I did not ask if it was that amount of pairs in one size. They will then manufacture them.

I asked him why would he not do it because it seems like there is quite a lot of 'want-it' going on. He said that as a Tech shop he is not personally interested because the colored rubbers are inferior to black - which indeed is the reason ScubaPro dropped them. SP is not so eager to offer a life time warranty for the colored rubbers that aren't as sturdy as the blacks.

This all is from the mouth of someone else, like I say. I personally think someone should easily be able to sell 1000 pairs of colored Jets sizes M/L/XL at least. Don't hike the price too high and I would get yellows even without the life time warranty, just with a decent warranty against breakage. I have seen a few pairs of ylw/bl and pink and they seem to be going strong - and must be somewhat old. I am sure they'd hold on quite well even if they weren't as strong as the blacks.

I meant it as joke. Once you have to take time to explain a joke it is usually no longer funny, however I will explain:

:D I got it...

Demand and supply. I know that there are a couple of companies that exclusively import some items (mostly Electronic stuff) in a small scale from Japan. In West Coast, I also know that some Japanese scuba products (Gulls Sports) are being sold. Maybe it is due to a large Asian community. You might need to dig out some google for that.

Those look pretty interesting. Any idea how much they cost US or if they are sold anywhere in the US?

They do look like a really good copy of the SP jet. Have you had a pair in the water? How do they perform?

In Asia market, there is a knock off of jet fins. As I remember, it is called "Turbo" fins. Its quality isn't same as SP Jet fins.

For a very short time, somewhere around the late 80s/early 90s, Jets were sold in the US in yellow, pink and baby blue, in addition to the standard black.

Yeah... I was told that as well...

The all black craze has hit Japan and the Revo are now only available in Black. Hopefully next year they will do a limited run again.

I don't think Yellow jet fin is being manufactured at this moment like you said, but I am talking about their inventory that we can find/see in Japan market occasionally.

How do I know? Check out the picture below. It is from Japan last summer.

jetfin_yellow.jpg

I'm not sure what the minimum order is, but SP will make custom colors if you want to buy a bunch of them.

We got a bunch of hot-pink twin-jets once, but they're all gone now.

Terry

I was watching a cave diving clip and I saw a someone wearing what looked like yellow Scuba Pro jet fins. There were not splits but the paddle style. Has anyone ever seen these or know where to buy them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom