XXXL BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried any of the Zeagle models? They have a modular sizing system that lets you custom fit the BC to your shape, ie. shoulder module can be a different size than the waist module.

My husband wears 2-3X t-shirts and his Zeagle is an extra lg Ranger. It fits him very well.

Pearce, who is NOT a little person (6'4", 300#) uses a SeaTec. This is his second and he finds them very comfortable with any suit he uses, wet or dry.

~SubMariner~

Ever look into a backplate & wings? I would think that they're adjustable to just about any size. They webbing can be a long as you need.

I'm about to buy a Scubapro Superhawk NT because it's rated to 55" waist (XL), my two instructors love them, the local dive shop will support it, and it has the features I want. Unfortunately, there is no opportunity to test the various models in XL here on Maui.

The Zeagles look great to me, but according to their literature the Ranger is limited to 50" waist.

Right now I'm using a Dacor Flyte Pak, which fits me nicely (with a cummerbund extension) and is pretty comfortable considering it doesn't have any back plate. I want to save it for travel use while it's relatively fresh.

Maybe when I have more experience I will go with a backplate & wings setup if the 'hawk doesn't do it.

ALoha,

JOnathan
kalepa@maui.net

Jonathan,

Not quite sure what you mean by "Maybe when I have more experience I will go with a backplate & wings setup if the 'hawk doesn't do it."

Experience doesn't have anything bearing on BP/W, as you already ues the Flyte Pack.

(IMHO) Once you use the BP/W you will find out how easy it is to use and wonder why you haven't used it all along.

As for size the only limitations on the size you can get a B/P Wings in is, the amount of webbing that comes on a roll. Usually aroung 100' or so.

ID

PS.....What happened to all the humor that use to be here?

ID, again

Hi Don,

I meant that I didn't feel capable of ordering all the right stuff and then setting up the BP&W without a local shop that knows the deal.

I'll keep my eyes open and look for someone diving a Dive Rite and check it out. Perhaps on my next mainland trip I'll shop one. I checked their site and it looks like the bomb.

I may be big, but I guess 100' aught to do it!

I felt more at home in a back lift BC from day one, compared to an air constrictor.

Aloha,

JOnathan
(just drove home from a country party, too tired to be any funnier)

rkagibson,

Hi and welcome to the boards.

Check out the size chart for the Dive-Rite TranspacII, It looks to me like they can fit just about anybody.

http://www.dive-rite.com/ look for the size chart in the owners manual.

Hope this helps,Tavi:tree:

My local shop just got me in a Superhawk NT in XL. Unfortunately, it was not very XL. It is supposed to fit up to 55" waist, but I am 53 and the cummerbund is way too short and the waist strap buckle just barely reaches, with out a wetsuit. Also the shoulder straps ended up at an acute angle. All this with the adjustment screws all the way out.

Luckily, the shop will send it back. I guess it's time to try a Transpac II.

Aloha,

JOnathan

After a lot of research, I just ordered a Dive Rite Transpac II from Ocean COncepts on Oahu.

I don't think anything else offers the flexibility and sizing and quality of Dive Rite. Their customer Service rep Chuck answered my emails quickly, and they will custom make stuff if the standard product isn't what you want.

I really look forward to it's arrival. It will take two weeks to get it all.

Chuck very strongly advised against buying Dive Rite from Leisurepro. Not only would I lose company support, but he feels that they sell stuff that is sometimes outmoded, older model.

Aloha,

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom