Cressi Scorpion BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THPetya

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Diving Family!
I really want to change my old BC to a new one. In my local diving shop i found the Cressi Scorpion back-inflation BCs.Isthere anybody who used this model before? What is your opinions about this type BC
Thanks a lot :)
1283_data_img_1255_dsc8533_z.jpg

My wife has one. It has about 25 dives and all the side seams have split. Basically they haven't left enough material in the seams so that when the bladder is inflated the tension has pulled the material through the stitching.

Cressi factory have denied support as it's out of warranty. (Sorry Cressi [Eleonora] you had your opportunity to correct this..... They said to find a local person to repair it. Not sure how as there is no material to sew.... Very unimpressed.
It was bought just before COVID and not used for a few years.

IMG_5207.JPG
IMG_5208.JPG

Jesus!
Thats a huge split......How can you repar this? And they dont give a new one?
Thats so disappointing. Have you buy a new one, or use another type?

Nothing bought yet, we'll look in a few weeks time. But it most probably won't be a Cressi (unless on super special offer aka a giveaway price) as really disappointed.
One of the other issues with the Scorpion is that it's a travel BCD, so very few attachmant points and seems to have been made very lightweight (and possibly cheap).

Maybe Mares? Im using an old, used Mares Vector jacket bcd, simple and great. Really durable.

Maybe Mares? Im using an old, used Mares Vector jacket bcd, simple and great. Really durable.
Most of my dive gear is Mares and have a 23 year old Mares Dragonfly Air Trim BC, but their new BCD's are big and bulky.
I would look at the Dive Rite Hydro Lite. Hydro Lite BCD - Dive Rite
I don't know if you are interested in going the BP/W route, I have a Sub Gravity 3mm aluminum BP, 26 lb wing & adjustable harness for travel that I love. Paragon Single Tank Package - SubGravity

RI dive with the Scorpion and have had no issues with quality,,,I probably have 30-35 dives on it. My only issue is that it tends to ride up a bit, so I am looking to retrofit it with a crotch strap. I have friends with the Scorpion who have lots of dives with it. They love it.

I have a scorpion with no sewing issues.

The pockets on the belt are a little small and hard to get stuff in and out of.

Thank you guys for the tipps and links. I was thinking about a wing setup, but i think i will stay in the backinflate bcd route. Cressi Patrol looks also a good choise too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom