XTX 200 Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why do you want an xtx200? the 50/100/200 are all the same except for certain bits being chromed or not. Either way, call DRiS and they will sell you one. Any Apeks dealer can. Expect somewhere around the $300 range

XTX Second stages are essentially all identical mechanically; the 200 just has a bit more bling, the 40 and 20 don't have cracking effort adjustment knobs (although you can still adjust them using a hex key), and the 20 doesn't have a "heat exchanger" retaining nut.

XTX Second stages are essentially all identical mechanically; the 200 just has a bit more bling, the 40 and 20 don't have cracking effort adjustment knobs (although you can still adjust them using a hex key), and the 20 doesn't have a "heat exchanger" retaining nut.

What is the temperature difference with a heat exchange versus not having it.

---------- Post added October 26th, 2015 at 10:00 AM ----------

I just talked to DRIS and Apeks has changed their policy and will not sell the second stage by itself.

the hell? that's strange, add that to the reason I won't support anything aqualung....You want the heat exchanger. For an octo I'd just grab an XTX50 in yellow since they apparently sell thatXTX50 Octopus - Dive Right in Scuba
Ugh Yellow. I mean it will work, but I wanted it as my secondary for my side-mount system. I don't know if I am aloud to have yellow. HAHAHAHAHAThanks for that link.

The XTX20 is marketed for diving in water temps greater than 10 deg C.

However, bear in mind that other balanced second stages, notably the S'pro S600, has no such 'limit' in its marketing and the current S600 does not have an all metal cross-case body whereas the the XTX20 does; this makes the latter much more resistant to freezing. Also, the XTX20 can be upgraded, if you really want,simply by replacing the plastic retaining nut with a metal one. Any Apeks dealer should be able to do this for not much money and it is literally a job that takes less than a minute.

Ugh Yellow. I mean it will work, but I wanted it as my secondary for my side-mount system. I don't know if I am aloud to have yellow. HAHAHAHAHAThanks for that link.

what is your extra first stage that you are using? how did you end up with two first stages but one second stage?

what is your extra first stage that you are using? how did you end up with two first stages but one second stage?
I have a HOG D1 Cold Water First Stage with 2 Classic HOG Second StagesI Just bought an Atomic ST1 First Stage with and XTX 200 Second Stage from the repair Tecnician at my old LDS. I am in the market for another ST1 and XTX 200 so I dont have to keep redoing my entire set up every time i switch from back mount single to Sidemount. I am willing to sell the ST1 and XTX and put it towards another set up if you recommend something else. I have all the correct hose lengths and both 6in spg's so I dont need to order a SM regulator set up. Just need 2 First Stages and 2 Second Stages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom