XS Scuba MiFlex Braided Hoses - Brand New to US - Various Sizes and Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that super fast reply, Ok I guess Ill just need to buy some 1/2 male-3/8 female adaptors no problem.

I dont mean to be picky but Im still confused about the hose legnth are you saying that they are making a special 22" just for the US market? I would assume that every hose they manafacture would be on their website and the smallest hose they list is basically 24", now given the reported flexibility I assume that for those who have found a 22 too short with singles would now find it ok with the added flex so a 24 would no longer be required. as you have previously stated perhaps the when they arrive you can measure them exactly and advise.

thanks again

Actually, I didn't say they were "special", just that in the United States, XS Scuba will be offering 22" LP regulator hoses and that what I am offering for sale is 22" LP regulator hoses. I honestly don't know what lengths they have offered in the UK. I have never looked. As to the issue of the manufacturer making hoses just for XS Scuba....I might well think that is possible, while I honestly don't know. If you order a 22" inch hose, and it is something different than 22", you can surely return it at my cost. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

I do wish that the 48" was availible in blue! Also thinking of getting one for a drysuit that I will hopefully be buying this weekend!

You need a 48" drysuit hose?!?!? :11:

36" is the longest I've ever seen.

I guess I should elaborate on that - 48" or 60" for the regulator, and 36" for the drysuit. I am planning on using a pony bottle for the drysuit. (as I'm still a slowly recovering "air hog")

That makes more sense. I'd think the black would work just as well as blue... although if you're really insisting, you could probably order one from a UK site and pay a bit more.

48" = ~121cm, and the UK store sells 120cm hoses that I would think would work just fine. Blue Regulator Hose

48" = ~121cm, and the UK store sells 120cm hoses that I would think would work just fine. Blue Regulator Hose

Call me weird... but - I like the blue! Only problem is the UK site doesn't allow for shipping to the US. Price is right in line for the US cost, and I don't have anyone that could "forward" it to me.

I am probably going to end up going with black for simplicity reasons.

Reason for wanting the longer hoses, is that I tend to do my own "diving" (when not helping with OW classes) without a secondary octo (I have a inflator octo combo) and want to have a longer hose for that reason. Both me and my wife do dive this way, that and I also find the 30" "standard" hoses to short. I'm 6'7 and then tend to pull on the regulator a bit. I don't want to go the whole 7' DIR route (I like some of their ideas, but have problems with others,) but, want something that would make a handoff easier.

I'm in the pool tommmorow, so, I am going to work on trying to figure out how long I will actually want to have it. I may find that 36" will work, but, I think that 48" is what I want.

Well I ordered a pair of hoses, a 7 foot and a 36 inch. I like to route both 2nds under my arm. Kind of wish they had a 18" inflator, since I use a DSS wing and have the short inflator that Tobin suggests. Now every keep your fingers crossed that Phil can get them to me before the by March 14th. Since I go on a dive trip the 15th... and yes I do like to live dangrously... danger is my middle name... okay no not really its Herm, but danger does sound so much better don't you think?

I talked with Mike last night about other lengths and other colors. When XS Scuba places a reorder, there may be some possibility of adding other lengths and colors. Unfortunately, such a reorder will not be soon. In the meantime, order away. It certainly appears that lots of people like what they read about these hoses. We have certainly taken a few orders.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Call me weird... but - I like the blue! Only problem is the UK site doesn't allow for shipping to the US. Price is right in line for the US cost, and I don't have anyone that could "forward" it to me.

I am probably going to end up going with black for simplicity reasons.

Reason for wanting the longer hoses, is that I tend to do my own "diving" (when not helping with OW classes) without a secondary octo (I have a inflator octo combo) and want to have a longer hose for that reason. Both me and my wife do dive this way, that and I also find the 30" "standard" hoses to short. I'm 6'7 and then tend to pull on the regulator a bit. I don't want to go the whole 7' DIR route (I like some of their ideas, but have problems with others,) but, want something that would make a handoff easier.

I'm in the pool tommmorow, so, I am going to work on trying to figure out how long I will actually want to have it. I may find that 36" will work, but, I think that 48" is what I want.

Find a UK shop that distributes the hoses, rather than ordering direct from the manufacturer. You can usually order UK-only items this way. There is a whole list here: miflexhoses.co.uk

I dive a 7' hose, so you don't need to explain the desire for a longer hose to me. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom