XS Scuba MiFlex Braided Hoses - Brand New to US - Various Sizes and Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you! You will be one of the first on the list. We hope to ship by the third or fourth week of March. Again, thanks.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Phil,

Im very interested in these hoses but have a few questions:

1) I note on the UK Miflex website they make regulator LP hoses with 1/2" male also, the size I need, will you be stocking this size? and if not would it be possible for you to order a couple for me?

2) Your website says you will be stocking 22" but on the UK website it says it doesnt make such a size but rather a 60cm which is basically 24", can you advise.

3) On your site you have the sizes 22, 30, etc but not 24" but at the bottom of the page its says available in 22, 24, 30 etc what happened to the 24"? (see question 2 also)

thanks

I just put in my order for an 84" long primary reg hose, a 22" secondary reg hose, a 22" LP inflator hose for my Mach V (gambling that works out ok, since the OEM hose appears to be 23"), and 32" LP hose for my drysuit. Full set of hoses other than the HP hose, which doesn't have a MiFlex option yet.

I'm taking a gamble, and I'll be the test monkey here. :)

Once I get it all hooked up, I'll have to get some idea of how they route and otherwise perform on land, since it looks like I can't return them once they get wet.

Hi there,

Just for your info I dont think the 22" is a 22" but rather a 24", if you check out the Miflex website it doesnt list a 22 but rather a 24", I find it hard to belive they are making a special size only for the US market. Ive messaged to Phil asking for clarification on this.

Phil,

Im very interested in these hoses but have a couple of questions:

1) I note on the UK Miflex website they make hoses with 1/2" male also, the size I need, will you be stocking this size? and if not would it be possible for you to order a couple for me?

2) Your website says you will be stocking 22" but on the UK website it says it doesnt make such a size but rather a 60cm which is almost 24", can you advise.

thanks

XS Scuba, the North American distributor for MiFlex has chosen NOT to bring 1/2" male into the US. That decision is based upon sales volume and other financial factors. Unfortunately, I know of no way to special order hoses without extreme expense.

We are offering 22" hoses. We don't measure in metric units. I can assume you that a 22" hose will be 22".

It should be noted that some of the information provided by the UK site might not pertain to products sold in the US. I will know more and be more informed when the entire inventory arrives in March. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

XS Scuba, the North American distributor for MiFlex has chosen NOT to bring 1/2" male into the US. That decision is based upon sales volume and other financial factors. Unfortunately, I know of no way to special order hoses without extreme expense.

We are offering 22" hoses. We don't measure in metric units. I can assume you that a 22" hose will be 22".

It should be noted that some of the information provided by the UK site might not pertain to products sold in the US. I will know more and be more informed when the entire inventory arrives in March. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that super fast reply, Ok I guess Ill just need to buy some 1/2 male-3/8 female adaptors no problem.

I dont mean to be picky but Im still confused about the hose legnth are you saying that they are making a special 22" just for the US market? I would assume that every hose they manafacture would be on their website and the smallest hose they list is basically 24", now given the reported flexibility I assume that for those who have found a 22 too short with singles would now find it ok with the added flex so a 24 would no longer be required. as you have previously stated perhaps the when they arrive you can measure them exactly and advise.

thanks again

It's worth noting the the UK site http://www.miflexhoses.co.uk/ has the metric sizes (and 1/2" fittings available?) that they distribute in the UK, while the US site, http://www.miflexhoses.com/ has the US sizes (in inches, including 22") that are distributed in the US.

So, if I want a Miflex UK-version hose, I have to order it internationally, and if I want a Miflex US-version hose (such as the 22"), I can order it (and actually already have, thanks to Phil :biggrin:).

I saw these at DEMA, their flexibility is amazing. A must for 'short' hose and very nice for long hose too.

I saw these at DEMA, their flexibility is amazing. A must for 'short' hose and very nice for long hose too.

I think these hoses sound great.

There is a lot of talk about the flexibility my question is what happens to that flexibility when the hose is pressurized I would have thought that under said pressure it would lose that flexibility?:). Of course I could be wrong and often am.

I think these hoses sound great.

There is a lot of talk about the flexibility my question is what happens to that flexibility when the hose is pressurized I would have thought that under said pressure it would lose that flexibility?:). Of course I could be wrong and often am.

Having never held one, I can't answer first hand, but I did come across this post by the actual miflex rep, on another board:

The hoses are substantially more flexible and lighter than traditional hoses and although all hoses strengthen under pressure, they do not lose the ability to be much more flexible than traditional rubber hoses.

The rep is right - although they do stiffen a bit, as any hose would when pressurised, they are still far, far more flexible than traditional rubber hoses.

Mark

I placed my order for 7' primary, 22" backup and 25" inflator hose. My dive-rite rig has a 24" hose, I ordered the 25" and am crossing my fingers that it'll fit!

Back
Top Bottom