XS Scuba Company Profile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XS Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
XS Scuba may be a newer name in the diving industry; however, the ownership behind the name is anything but new. XS Scuba was formed in 2002 by three individuals that spent many years working together developing, promoting and selling diving equipment for one of the major dive manufacturers.

Over 30 years of cumulative experience goes into every product that bears the XS Scuba name. Our philosophy is simple – build reliable products, targeted at the recreational diver, that offer unique features at reasonable prices. From our beginning product of a patented weight belt, XS Scuba has quickly grown to be a full-line supplier of snorkeling and diving products. You bring the bathing suit and the towel, XS Scuba will provide the rest!

XS Scuba is the largest distributor of Luxfer aluminum diving cylinders and Thermo valves in the world. Our expertise in cylinders has allowed us to introduce Worthington cylinders to the diving industry. Worthington, the largest steel cylinder manufacturer in the world, now builds the traditional “low pressure” steel cylinders as well as the new X-Series™ cylinder with working pressures of 3442 psi. Thermo Valves have become the industry standard in reliability and innovation. The Thermo PRO valve with its nitrox-ready, yoke to DIN convertibility makes it the valve of choice for many divers.

Through the strategic acquisition of other diving companies during 2004, XS Scuba is now able to introduce a line of regulators, gauges and buoyancy compensators that are already recognized for their performance and reliability. Major industry publications have awarded many of these products their highest ratings. The innovation and quality that goes into each of these products reflects the standards set by XS Scuba for everything we sell.

Our reputation is built on the products that we produce, the relationships that we develop, the customer service we give, and support that we provide. We understand that the ultimate measure of our success is in the hands of the diving public. We hope you will give us a try.

Everything for the Perfect Dive

I am part of the ownership and one of the individuals who started XS Scuba. My specific role is to develop our current and future products.

I started my diving career by watching Sea Hunt, Flipper and Jacques Cousteau on TV. My Mom made my first set of twin cylinders out of a couple of empty Quaker Oatmeal cardboard containers. I would don these to watch my favorite underwater TV shows. In 1972, I received a basic scuba class for my 12th birthday. I was hooked. I was lucky enough to be employed part-time in the summer months at a local Southern California "Ma-Pa" dive store (someone has to wash the returned rental gear). I continued to dive, take more scuba courses and work part-time at the local dive store through the 70's. I became the dive store's service tech, servicing most brands of regulators and running the hydro facility. In 1980, I went through the LA County 32 UICC instructor course. I worked part-time teaching scuba and as a deckhand on a weekend dive boat while attending college. I ended up getting my 100 ton captain license and buying a 65' charter boat operating of San Pedro, CA. After a couple of years skippering the boat I sold it to work for a major scuba manufacturer. After a dozen years working in product development for this company I was able to start my own company with the help of my partners. I've never lost my passion for scuba and look forward to each new day of work. It's my goal to develop products that serve you, our customers well.

I look forward to any questions, suggestions or comments you have of our gear.

Hi Mike

Your own forum! Pretty cool.

I use and recommend your weight belt frequently, great product. My daughter, who has just been certified, uses a set of XS regs.

Scubaboard is a great place, and I'm sure all will benefit from your participation.

Regards,

Tobin

XS Scuba:
I am part of the ownership and one of the individuals who started XS Scuba.

As an XS Scuba dealer and a long-distance friend of Mike's, I can tell you that this company will not sit still. This is a class operation, run by classy people. It feels kind of cool being one of their dealers. Thanks Mike.

Phil Ellis

We just bought 2 of the XS mesh rolling bags. One has is the duffel and one is the backpack with the drawstring top. We are taking them to Saba and Statia in a couple of weeks. They are small enough to roll up and put in my suitcase but will make carrying my bags (or should I say, making my husband carry my bags) much easier! Thanks for a great product. I just wish they could combine the two so that I could have the zipper closer, the big outside dry pocket AND the backpack straps. I guess I just want it all.

XS Scuba:
XS Scuba may be a newer name in the diving industry; however, the ownership behind the name is anything but new. XS Scuba was formed in 2002 by three individuals that spent many years working together developing, promoting and selling diving equipment for one of the major dive manufacturers.

Over 30 years of cumulative experience goes into every product that bears the XS Scuba name. Our philosophy is simple – build reliable products, targeted at the recreational diver, that offer unique features at reasonable prices. From our beginning product of a patented weight belt, XS Scuba has quickly grown to be a full-line supplier of snorkeling and diving products. You bring the bathing suit and the towel, XS Scuba will provide the rest!

XS Scuba is the largest distributor of Luxfer aluminum diving cylinders and Thermo valves in the world. Our expertise in cylinders has allowed us to introduce Worthington cylinders to the diving industry. Worthington, the largest steel cylinder manufacturer in the world, now builds the traditional “low pressure” steel cylinders as well as the new X-Series™ cylinder with working pressures of 3442 psi. Thermo Valves have become the industry standard in reliability and innovation. The Thermo PRO valve with its nitrox-ready, yoke to DIN convertibility makes it the valve of choice for many divers.

Through the strategic acquisition of other diving companies during 2004, XS Scuba is now able to introduce a line of regulators, gauges and buoyancy compensators that are already recognized for their performance and reliability. Major industry publications have awarded many of these products their highest ratings. The innovation and quality that goes into each of these products reflects the standards set by XS Scuba for everything we sell.

Our reputation is built on the products that we produce, the relationships that we develop, the customer service we give, and support that we provide. We understand that the ultimate measure of our success is in the hands of the diving public. We hope you will give us a try.

Everything for the Perfect Dive

I bought two of your Tri-metal regs. last year and set them up for diving doubles. They worked beautifully and at 150 feet they breathed flawlessly. Then I read in one of the magazines that they're a top performer.

My buddy who owns a dive op in Cozumel bought 60 of your low pressure tanks. After a year of constant use in salt water they still look great.

Keep up the good work.

Hey Jim:
Thanks for the support. I appreciate it.

Jim Baldwin:
I bought two of your Tri-metal regs. last year and set them up for diving doubles. They worked beautifully and at 150 feet they breathed flawlessly. Then I read in one of the magazines that they're a top performer.

My buddy who owns a dive op in Cozumel bought 60 of your low pressure tanks. After a year of constant use in salt water they still look great.

Keep up the good work.

Hey Phil,
It is honor to have Dive Sports as a XS Scuba Dealer. You and your team do a fantastic job representing our equipment.

PhilEllis:
As an XS Scuba dealer and a long-distance friend of Mike's, I can tell you that this company will not sit still. This is a class operation, run by classy people. It feels kind of cool being one of their dealers. Thanks Mike.

Phil Ellis

Hi Bbarnes:
Thank you for purchasing our XS Scuba bags. I am always open to suggestions. I welcome you to give me a call to discuss your "ideal" bag. I'm in the office most days and be reached toll-free at 866 977-2822.

Bbarnes:
We just bought 2 of the XS mesh rolling bags. One has is the duffel and one is the backpack with the drawstring top. We are taking them to Saba and Statia in a couple of weeks. They are small enough to roll up and put in my suitcase but will make carrying my bags (or should I say, making my husband carry my bags) much easier! Thanks for a great product. I just wish they could combine the two so that I could have the zipper closer, the big outside dry pocket AND the backpack straps. I guess I just want it all.

Back
Top Bottom