XS Scuba Company Profile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought the XS wheeled backpack to fit two sets of dive gear for travel and to carry my stuff for local (SoCal) diving. This thing has been excellent. I really like the big fin pockets and the smart, tough design. The replaceable wheels are a great idea (although I haven't had to replace them yet). The zippers are tough and easy to zip. The only improvement I could suggest would be to make it a little more incognito. It, like most dive bags, screams scuba gear. In some countries that can be a real liability.

XS Scuba:
I am part of the ownership and one of the individuals who started XS Scuba. My specific role is to develop our current and future products.

I started my diving career by watching Sea Hunt, Flipper and Jacques Cousteau on TV. My Mom made my first set of twin cylinders out of a couple of empty Quaker Oatmeal cardboard containers. I would don these to watch my favorite underwater TV shows. In 1972, I received a basic scuba class for my 12th birthday. I was hooked. I was lucky enough to be employed part-time in the summer months at a local Southern California "Ma-Pa" dive store (someone has to wash the returned rental gear). I continued to dive, take more scuba courses and work part-time at the local dive store through the 70's. I became the dive store's service tech, servicing most brands of regulators and running the hydro facility. In 1980, I went through the LA County 32 UICC instructor course. I worked part-time teaching scuba and as a deckhand on a weekend dive boat while attending college. I ended up getting my 100 ton captain license and buying a 65' charter boat operating of San Pedro, CA. After a couple of years skippering the boat I sold it to work for a major scuba manufacturer. After a dozen years working in product development for this company I was able to start my own company with the help of my partners. I've never lost my passion for scuba and look forward to each new day of work. It's my goal to develop products that serve you, our customers well.

I look forward to any questions, suggestions or comments you have of our gear.

One of your most unique product is the folding travel wet suit and BC hangers you introduced this year.

What happened to the baby blue color shown at the "Beneath the Sea" show? I tried to order that color and was told my choices were yellow and black.

Mike,

Any plans on adding Canadian dealers onto the site search? It would be nice to know who sells your products in our neck of the woods.

Hey Pupdiver:
Thank you for your comments. I'm always happy to hear divers input. It is a fine line between incognito and styling/promoting our brand name. Changes have been made so our bags scream scuba less. As example the embroidery is now just our "XS" logo, rather then "XS Scuba." Though, my best suggestion is the addition of our part number BG110TC, travel cover. Below is an image. This cover is easy to install, has cutouts to allow the use of the wheels & pull handle and no name anywhere. Also there is a webbing loop for the attachment of airline stickers. I spend 2 to 3 months a year traveling throughout Asia with two of the BG110 bags in tow. I have never had an issue when using the Travel Covers. The additional benefit is even after dozens of transpacific flight the bags are still looking good. The suggested retail is just $20.

display.asp

pupdiver:
I bought the XS wheeled backpack to fit two sets of dive gear for travel and to carry my stuff for local (SoCal) diving. This thing has been excellent. I really like the big fin pockets and the smart, tough design. The replaceable wheels are a great idea (although I haven't had to replace them yet). The zippers are tough and easy to zip. The only improvement I could suggest would be to make it a little more incognito. It, like most dive bags, screams scuba gear. In some countries that can be a real liability.

Hi ronbeau:
I can only guess that the dealer you spoke with is mistaken. We do offer three colors of the Wetsuit, BC and X-5 hangers; black, yellow and blue. All models / colors are in stock. The first production run of blue Travel Hangers was "baby blue" color, like we showed at BTS Show. The more recent production is a royal blue matching the blue color of the other hangers. We just recently made the switch in the shade of blue. I think with a little calling around you will be able to find the "baby" blue color. Below is a link:

http://scuba.com/shop/display.asp_id_030892/030878/031127

ronbeau:
One of your most unique product is the folding travel wet suit and BC hangers you introduced this year.

What happened to the baby blue color shown at the "Beneath the Sea" show? I tried to order that color and was told my choices were yellow and black.

Hey Tamas:
Thanks for the support. My partner, Mark is our web guy. I'll ask him to figure our what is involved to add Canada to our dealer finder. In the mean time fell free to contact our customer service at toll-free 866 XS -SCUBA and they will be happy to assist you.

Tamas:
Mike,

Any plans on adding Canadian dealers onto the site search? It would be nice to know who sells your products in our neck of the woods.

I love seeing active participation of gear makers in the lives of their users!
I've noticed that I've procured a number of small XS items over the last couple years, but it's always because it was the right thing for the purpose - not because I was brand-hunting or trying to be designer label-conscious.

I think it says something about a brand when you buy it because it's what works and not because of the nameplate. I imagine I'll have a bag full of XS gear before too long....
Cheers

Spring straps. Best price-to-quality I've seen. I actually made my own spring straps a few years ago, but when people ask me, I just point them to yours.

I bought 2 of the Worthington LP 77 cylinders from Phil. Great item! I'll never buy another old 72 again.

Folding hangers, good spring straps? I'll have to check this out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom