XS and New Worthington Aluminum Cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FritzCat66

Florida Reef Cat
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I noticed Worthington's pending purchase of Hy-Mark and planned production of aluminum scuba cylinders.

Since XS Scuba currently distributes their steel scuba cylinders, I was wondering if XS plans to carry the pending new Worthington-branded aluminums as well? What's the official word from XS regarding this interesting new development in the scuba cylinder world?

Hellooooo... Any XS reps here that can comment on this? Some of us are wondering if/when we'll be able to purchase Worthington/Hy-Mark aluminum cylinders, as opposed to Catalina, who seems to be pretty much the only other vendor selling aluminums in any other size than 80cf nowadays. I hope/presume that Worthington/Hy-Mark will be making the full range (i.e. 6, 19, 30, 40, 80, and 100cf) of aluminum models?

XS has a variety of sizes of Worthington aluminum cylinders listed in their 2011 catalog, which is downloadable from their website

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom