XL Jets and Large F1s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Houston we have a problem.

Ok have done two dives with the F1s and I have some serious lateral movement. When I tried them on with a dry dry boot all seemed ok but once in the water they become very sloppy, annoyingly so. I'm going to add another pair of thick socks in an attempt to reduce the slop. Failing that I guess just like my F2s they'll be sent to auction.

The foot pocket, just like the F2s, is huge. How a Hollis have decided that the F2 small is for 6-8 and the Regular F1 is 6-8 is beyond me. I like the Hollis fins but my feet don't so I guess I'm done with Hollis fins.

Eric, I found the F1s way more powerful than my large Jets, not night and day but not far from it. I guess the stumpy size of the SP Jets isn't a fair match up against the sizable F1s. After using the F1s I really don't want to go back to the large Jets. Damn Hollis, ignorance was bliss.

So I still have a fin problem, can anyone tell me how much smaller the foot pocket is on the SP XL jet is as compared to Regular/large F1 i.e is it obviously smaller or only slightly smaller, is it narrower?

My Large jets won't fit my dry boots, too small and the F1s won't fit, too big...hmmm back to the drawing board, any suggestions welcome. cheers.

If you must compare Jets to F1s then it should be XL Jets vs F1s so that they are of the same size. That is when Jets tend to outpower F1s.

Back
Top Bottom